Jump to content

Tool roll ID?

Recommended Posts

I picked up this old canvas and leather tool roll yesterday at a sale and was curious if anyone knows what car it might have gone with?


The first two pics show close ups of a wrench marked “Merit” and a well-worn logo on what looks like a tappet wrench, but I can’t make it out, and others have part numbers.


Any and all info appreciated! 











Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 12:43 AM, Dave Mellor NJ said:

The wrench in the second pic looks like VLCHeck, a common wrench. Many GM cars had them in the '30s.


You nailed it on that one! Thanks!


On 1/20/2018 at 6:35 PM, keiser31 said:

Yes, the Merit tools I saw were those, but I think the one in question may be from the automobile. I believe they were built from 1920 to 1922.


I do see a difference in the font between the brand "Merit" which is a bit more flowery and the sans serif font on my wrench so this could be a possibility. I think this is the only one that says Merit, and based on what Dave found above it seems this is a pieced-together set. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...