Will these Rally Wheels fit on my 65 Riviera?

DerekC

The profiles are not too different. You have to know what you're looking for.  I just bought a similar set of wheels for $60. One wheel had one spot of bad chrome and I needed to repaint the webs.  I'd venture to say the tires are really old based on the white side wall width.  If they're over 7 to 8 years old, they're junk no matter how good they look on the outside or how much tread they have on them.  

Read this entire article then Google for similar ones.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-old-and-dangerous-are-your-tires.html&ved=2ahUKEwiNpcCe4efYAhVMKqwKHWN4DtMQFjAAegQIFRAB&usg=AOvVaw2T-dTawb__swYx9Ti-K7QQ

So what you want to do is just buy the wheels, no tires no matter what the guy says.  In the above link there's another link that will tell you how to read a tires age  If these tires are even older, run don't walk, away from tnem.  The center caps are a dead give away as to what they were designed to fit so you don't we t them anyway. Even if there's no pitting on the chrome, you should offer the guy quite a bit less than his asking price, like a lot less.

If the tires are 5 or 6 years old you'll need to replace them soon anyway so keep that in mind.  Tires are cheap when it comes to your life. If the tires are only 3 - 4 years old, it's not a bad deal.

Center caps for a 65 are available from Mitch Romanowski at www.buickcenters.com  Mitch can match the correct retainers for the center hole on the wheel to the 65 cap.

Good luck.  There are lots of these wheels around, keep looking.

Ec