kings32

Forum Guys at Annual Meeting

Some of  us got together last year are going to do it this year ? It was nice to put faces with names  . Kings32

You were speaking of the DFer's getting together? Works for me. Set a time that is not too busy.

Wayne

Hi,

How about the traditional time: Friday at noon?

Location?

I can't find my DFers pin.

Will I still be able to attend?

Will Ron bring photos of Gloria's Chrysler?

Shall we have a Moxie tasting?

Edited by Bill Boudway
Add info (see edit history)

If you don't want to answer something, you "dfer" to the next guy?

Discussion Forum members are unofficially known as DF'ers. The terms was much more recognized a decade or so ago.

Years ago, DF'ers could order an ID button from forum member David Devine. The buttons help us identify folks at events such as the annual meeting so we can introduce ourselves to other DF'ers who we would not otherwise recognize in person. I need to find mine, or a photo that I posted of it last year. I iwll find mine and be sure to wear it at Philly so hopefully DF'ers that I have not met will stop me and introduce themselves in Philly.

• Thanks 1

I found the photo of my DF'er button. Now I just have to find the button before the Annual Meeting...

IMG_20170203_211358278.jpg

• Like 3

OK Guys and Gals,

I just arrived at the Sheraton. I guess we set a time for a DF'er meeting on Friday at lunch time. I don't see where anybody set a place. I seem to recall that we met last year at some tables somewhere sort of near the escalators. I don't recall exactly which level it was but think I can find the same location. Unless someone else suggests a particular place, I am guessing the same location as last year tomorrow during the lunch break. Any other suggestions for the meeting location? 

• Like 1

I see the Mezanine. Then the next level up (where the trade show is) is labeled B on the elevator. Which one to meet?

On 1/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, MochetVelo said:

The computer on the pin really dates it! 

We are the ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE CLUB, so why not an antique computer? ?

9 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

I see the Mezanine. Then the next level up (where the trade show is) is labeled B on the elevator. Which one to meet?

Sorry, I just got back to the computer. Next year we need to do a better job of defining the location before the meeting starts. Frank, obviously you found us.  It was nice meeting and speaking with you and CharlieR as well as a few others that I already knew. 

On 2/9/2018 at 4:47 PM, MCHinson said:

Sorry, I just got back to the computer. Next year we need to do a better job of defining the location before the meeting starts. Frank, obviously you found us.  It was nice meeting and speaking with you and CharlieR as well as a few others that I already knew. 

It was nice to meet you and Frank and see the other forum members I knew. Thanks for wearing the DF'er button. When I saw Marty I thought I may have found the right table and seeing your DF'er button and name tag let me know for sure I had found the correct table at lunch.

I also found Wayne and sat with him at the Judging School on Saturday. Nice to see you again Wayne!

Charlie

• Like 1

Great seeing you too Charlie. I was really busy this weekend, but have  a lot of observations/comments to add to a couple of other forums on our site. 

• Like 1

I still have an old IBM 386 that fires up! Doesn't do so good getting internet access. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, R W Burgess said:

We are the ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE CLUB, so why not an antique computer? ?

Yeah but Wayne, your antique computer involves strings with beads on it, so that won't work....

........Sorry Wayne, anyone who gets on the elevator and leans on the buttons so an elevator full of people has to stop at each and every floor because you leaned on the buttons deserves to get busted on.  When my father and I got off the elevator on the 12th floor we were laughing all the way back to our room.

That was funny!!

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ex98thdrill said:

That was funny!!

Yeah, you funny too, Pat!:P

No, I had forgotten all about that. The thing was that the elevator was full of people, mostly unknown to you and me. I guess they were glad when we got off. It's a little scary to be around us sometimes!!!

• Like 1

Hey with you being a normal person now, you're fair game.  When we arrived in Philly we were dealing with the Eagles fans trying to test the durability of the lightpoles, lightbulbs, etc.  Then the AACA crowd comes in where we're all laid back and bellow, and then you had the freaks from the tattoo convention come in as we were leaving.

........Personally I think the hotel likes our group.  We have a good time but we don't destroy the place.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ex98thdrill said:

Hey with you being a "normal person" now..............................

Hey, let me go write that down somewhere!!! :P

Hey without you being on the National Board anymore, you're not one of them, you're a normal person now.  No more long meetings, teleconferences, committee meetings, phone calls, e-mails, complaints, etc.

Seven years ago you ran for it, while I ran FROM it.  I'm thankful you did what you did, but when I chaired the meet back in 2010 I saw enough of what the National Directors have to put up with to know I don't want any part of it.  I once told Don Barlup that not only am I not going to close that door, I'm slamming that door shut, locking it, nailing it shut and putting a Buick behind it. Not no but sHELL no.  It isn't out of hatred, but more because I know I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted too...

Thanks for what you've done, and I'm glad you did it instead of me.