Sign in to follow this  
KLF

1914 Premier Z2 Touring Remy Generator

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience working on a Remy Model 0 generator? Mine isn't charging. This is the factory correct unit for my car. I haven't pulled it off yet. It seems to be a good design. The brass tag says it will charge 15 amps and is 6 volts. Guess I can't do too much night driving even when its fixed. I wonder what other cars used this unit.

Ken

5a62f5387d4e4_RemyModel0generator.thumb.JPG.ef151a31e602fa969a55a1b689c8441b.JPG.

14 Premier right side engine.JPG

Remy model 0 generator-2.JPG

Well I'm lucky in that I've got a spare generator that came with the car. Brushes are my first guess too. I can get access to them with the generator off the car. I'll play around with the spare and see what happens. It's not in very good shape so I'm sure I'll end up rebuilding the gen on the car eventually.

Thanks

Ken

I would urge caution when working on that unit. I have been in the hobby over forty years, and there is only one person I would trust that particular unit with. If you want his info, send me a PM. Great car.