Show us pictures of your kids/grandkids enjoying the antique car hobby!

mhocker

Hi Everyone!

AACA's Junior Member publication, Wheels, is looking for ways to liven up its content for kids. Inspired by a recent thread on the forums, we would like to include a section with pictures of children enjoying the old car hobby, whether it's sitting behind the wheel of their parents'/grandparents' favorite ride or helping out with grandpa or grandma's latest restoration. Children featured in Wheels will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine. If you think you have a great photo for the magazine, please feel free to share it here or email it to the editor, Matthew Hocker via: mhocker@aaca.org 

In order for a photograph to be featured in Wheels, we will need the following:

1. Your permission to publish your photograph in Wheels.

2. Your child/grandchild's name (full name or first name)

3. Your child/grandchild's age

4. Your child's state of residence

5. A brief description of the photograph (ie: make and model year of car, description of what they are doing, etc.)

If you have a cool story associated with the photograph or enjoying the hobby with your child/grandchild, we would also be open to featuring your story as its own article! 

Find out more:

If you have any questions about our Junior Membership, Wheels, etc. please contact Matthew Hocker at mhocker@aaca.org or by phone (Mon.-Fri. 8 AM-4 PM EST) via the following number: 717-534-2082

For more information on the Junior Membership program, please refer to our website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Feel free to use any picture you would like. My Grandson David. He is 10 years old and lives in NY.

First photo: David at the 2015 Greenwich Concours in front of my '73 Sun Coupe. He was a Hagerty youth Judge also.

Second photo: 2017 at the Simeone Museum a good way to end a weekend in Philadelphia.

Third photo. 2017 Pound Ridge NY Car show. David with the Corvette go-Kart he built with his Dad. His Dad's Nova in the backround

Fourth photo: Bear Mountain Cruise David between my old '73 GS 4 speed and his other Grandpa's 32? Chevy pickup Hot Rod.

You getting us Grandpa's to send photos of the kids and you might just get more than you asked for!  :-)

fullsizeoutput_463.jpeg

IMG_E5851.JPG

IMG_8650.JPG

fullsizeoutput_17ab.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SC38DLS said:

The girls are like grandkids Miss Sophie and Miss Gracie. The only ones we have! 

79B4282E-146B-400D-AC78-9ECDA1B8406A.jpeg

Cute pups! My pit mix Patsy loves to ride around in the convertible with me. I wish I had a pic! She sits right next to me. I sit on her leash to make sure she doesn’t go anywhere, but it’s not even necessary. Haha

DSCF4657.JPG                                                                                              Grandson at 4, ripping his first wheel off a tire. I missed the photo of the exact moment, but the expression on his face is burned in my memory forever. He has enough parts to build his own Model A Ford chassis now. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I don't have any kids or grandkids but do have a few nephews and a niece.

My brother and his boy enjoyng a ride in the rumble seat. My driving companion Harley who is no longer with us. I sure miss that boy.

6624.jpeg

20160904_140827.jpg

Edited by Packin31 (see edit history)
  • Like 7

In 2008 with 1931 Packard 840 - 2018 - note the LeVine Restorations and Grand Nashional t-shirts!

Cole and Clay Fuhrman - my awesome sons

PACK.jpg

boys.jpg

• Like 1

My grandson Kassius with the motorized shopping basket he built. Bought a mig-welder and built it himself.

I followed him at the July 4th Amherst parade.

My other grandson Ollie. He called an offered to help.

Two special grandsons. 

Thanks to everyone for posting your photos. Children are precious.

IMG_20170529_092401074.jpg

IMG_20170529_091852278.jpg

123_1_02.jpeg

Edited by just me (see edit history)
  • Like 3

The "BOO Bros."  trying out some heavy equipment at the AACA Show in Gulfport FL,  about 1997.

The Caterpiller is a 1 HP B & S powerred former pedal tractor..  Still have the truck, sold the tractor.5a610197e0474_BooBoys.thumb.jpg.83ee15fde69e0abc7bd81cbaebc39b6d.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My  5 year old grandson Bergen and I getting ready for the Pierre Street Masters Dam Run cruise IMG_3919.thumb.jpg.a3989f334dce69921f1bbd290bb10bfc.jpgin my 1937 Studebaker President Coupe.  He is in charge of the horn.

We are from South Dakota and you have permission to use the photo.

IMG_3919.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Ice cream, old cars and my 11 Year old grandson. Many a car tours have ended here at the Enniskillen General store. In the tiny hamlet out in the sticks. Noted for their giant cones that attract many of kids and adults alike in their old cars on a sunny day. Notice it is even noted in Google maps

If you happen to be in the area  a map to find it.  https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Enniskillen+General+Store/@44.0152663,-78.771779,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d50f4007b92575:0x9bf6b7f2d2b25aaf!8m2!3d44.0152625!4d-78.7695903?hl=en

2015-07-07 cOPPER 008.JPG

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...