WTB - 1968 Riviera GS with buckets seats

kreed

I am looking for a nice original 1968 Riviera GS , preferably with bucket seats. I do not want a project car or one needing any major restoration . Willing to travel and pay a fair price  for the right car . Please PM me with any help or suggestions. 

KReed

ROA 14549

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike - thanks so much for all the leads . Called about the 68 GS in Fort Wayne and as you suspected , long gone . Beautiful car that looked like the real deal and certainly the caliber I am looking for . Will pass on the others . Really appreciate you taking the time to look for me . Please keep me in mind if anything pops up. Best, 

Ken Reed

ROA 14549

12 minutes ago, kreed said:

Hi Mike - thanks so much for all the leads . Called about the 68 GS in Fort Wayne and as you suspected , long gone . Beautiful car that looked like the real deal and certainly the caliber I am looking for . Will pass on the others . Really appreciate you taking the time to look for me . Please keep me in mind if anything pops up. Best, 

Ken Reed

ROA 14549

Ken, Glad to help. There are not many 68 or 69 GS's for sale out there that are in decent shape, if at all. Good luck with your search.

One of the things I don't like about topclassiccarsforsale.com is the fact that the ads are not dated so you have no idea when they were posted, nor do owners mark the listings as sold if the cars do sell. Very frustrating...

To be honest, I think topclassiccarsforsale.com is an automated Ebay Motors mirror site with no oversight at all.

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Ken, et al

There are a couple of search engines that cover the  Craigslistings etc. With one input.  www.searchtempest.com and www.adhuntr.com

One problem with adhuntr is that deleted ads are not removed regularly.

I use Search Tempest all the time for Craigslist searches. It makes searching USA wide very easy in one search. 

4 hours ago, kreed said:

Ken Reed

ROA 14549

I saw this car at the BPG Nats in Ohio, and talked to the owner, it was an extremely nice car, very well done.  I think that ad is a year or two old, I remember seeing the car on ebay. 

Very nice 68 GS, that white one. Looks relatively loaded. It has a broken handle on passenger side. Maybe no power seats? I like the cornering lamps. Thats always a plus.

Ed do you mean the section in the picture below? Looks like just white. not sure if that is a reflection or what. Discoloration? Of course you would still want to see something showing the low miles. My 68 is in similar condition (one family owned), still just over 100K.

white 681.png

white 68 2.png

white 68 3.png

white 68 4.png

What a (Detroit) sweet ride. This car was loved most of its life.

The instrument cluster bezel chrome is in outstanding and rare condition as are many other things.

In my opinion the vinyl covering the entire A pillar does not flow into/with the front clip.

Easy to change that without going custom appearance.

A candidate well worthy of buckets/floor shift or shorty console conversion. Add double pin white walls...salt n peppah has good value.

Classy

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

The drivers door looks like it has had some paint work but it is hard to say for sure.  Maybe it is just a shadow but could certainly be determined in person.  The rear bumpers on the 68's and 69's are prone to misalignment at the center if they have been tapped.  Note the gap between the top of the bumper and the body.  The gap should be even all the way across but this one narrows at the center.  This is a common problem with these but not sure how much effort it takes to correct it.  The 68 bumper is a one year only design due to the location of the back up lights.  All in all it looks like a well cared for example and the price seems reasonable.

Edited by Pat Curran
update content (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of on/off but this sold down under at a car show on Sunday.

1967 GS 430 cu inch, air, power tinted windows, bucket seats and console, ralleye wheels, RHD conversion, Starwars air cleaner. Heard it went for AUS$25,000.00 which converts to US $5.87 or close ??? Original owner for 23 years and about 50,000 miles. Seemed a very clean original GS.

8516F7D1-0577-4BBF-B9D5-73C827002256.jpeg

F930C075-08E4-4627-A808-F47FBD2B134F.jpeg

993A3315-2EC8-4E81-B3E2-B8C3E118723B.jpeg

DF8A70D9-6646-4F90-87DC-CEA9C3D02005.jpeg

10875A39-9E0D-42A9-B535-4ECF5CF63B84.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kreed said:

Thanks Chris  - checked it out . Headliner is interesting as is the engine with that dual snorkel air cleaner !! Will have to pass but appreciate the tip. Ken 

Any luck on the other ones I sent you?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2018 at 11:43 AM, NC68Riviera said:

Not sure how old this listing is for this 68 GS

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/buick/37526-1968-68-buick-riviera-gs.html

Mike, I'm quite sure that that website is not a 

legitimate one.  From discussions on the AACA part

of the forum, I believe it's actually run from Russia,

and the website reuses old ads and pictures without authorization.

32 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Mike, I'm quite sure that that website is not a 

legitimate one.  From discussions on the AACA part

of the forum, I believe it's actually run from Russia,

and the website reuses old ads and pictures without authorization.

Scroll All the way to the bottom of the page.  At the bottom of the page, there is a subdued arrow in a box.  If you click on that arrow, you'll be taken to a website that ends in  .ru ( dot r u ) for Russia and if you know the Crylic alphabet, you might be able to translate some of it. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kreed I just saw this listing on Hemmings website:

I don't know how old this posting is. (It's mis-categorized under Buick>Gran Sport instead of Riviera)

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/buick/gran-sport/2029197.html?refer=home

Gorgeous Emerald Green Metallic

Transmission: Auto
Condition: Good
Exterior: Emerald Green Metallic
Interior: Black

Seller’s Description:

1968 Buick Riviera, GS, Emerald Green Metallic Stunning Paint!

Beautiful Grand Sport, (Authentic GS) bucket seats, console, fully rebuilt mechanicals, cold a/c. Engine upgraded to 1970, 455. Runs and drives excellently. Stunning! Feel free to call me with any questions or make offer.

Price: $28,500 obo

61047285-770-0@2X.jpg.c6078d689f12362c90d170e42d7fe4b0.jpg61047291-770-0@2X.jpg.dbc0a203809e0c667bcdfffca5761dc3.jpg61047294-770-0@2X.jpg.bd88953d4aa246a932e39ad31b2f7dcd.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

kreed I just saw this listing on Hemmings website:

I don't know how old this posting is. (It's mis-categorized under Buick>Gran Sport instead of Riviera)

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/buick/gran-sport/2029197.html?refer=home

Gorgeous Emerald Green Metallic

Transmission: Auto
Condition: Good
Exterior: Emerald Green Metallic
Interior: Black

Seller’s Description:

1968 Buick Riviera, GS, Emerald Green Metallic Stunning Paint!

Beautiful Grand Sport, (Authentic GS) bucket seats, console, fully rebuilt mechanicals, cold a/c. Engine upgraded to 1970, 455. Runs and drives excellently. Stunning! Feel free to call me with any questions or make offer.

Price: $28,500 obo

61047285-770-0@2X.jpg.c6078d689f12362c90d170e42d7fe4b0.jpg61047291-770-0@2X.jpg.dbc0a203809e0c667bcdfffca5761dc3.jpg61047294-770-0@2X.jpg.bd88953d4aa246a932e39ad31b2f7dcd.jpg

Someone put a 455 in it.