Want to Purchase 37 or 38 Buick Century/Special

philipj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like a very nice car, but I would see if there is any flexibility in the price. I would also ask the seller if there are any issues with the vehicle and how much more needs to be done to finish the car. It is a great style. 

The Engine Color looks like a Frog.?..and yes the Radiator and Shroud  looks like somebody is not interested to have a clean,  original car.

No Pics and Words about the condition of  Underfloor and outside lower sheetmetal area..

I'm always would be very careful to by a Car without my magnet testing (Bondo) ,Roadtest ( Noises from all Components, Rear  and front Axle,Bearings,Kingpins ,Synchros of the 2.and 3. Gear are Ok.? )..

No Leaks ?...especially the Brakes ?...many times i've seen new wheelcylinder on old bad Hoses...

,Pics under the Dash would be also interesting  ( because of a  dangerous ,hot wiring Salad ? ) ...

For this less described Car, it was a lot Money...

M2C

• 2 months later...

Obviously the car started out black according to the data plate. There are a lot of "interesting" things about that car. I especially like the muffler patch. It would probably not take much to make it a nice "driver", but obviously a full restoration would be needed to make it anything more. I wish I had started out in the hobby with a car like that instead of the rusty Model A Ford that I started with back in 1996. I think the "disc" brakes mentioned in the listing is just an error by the writer. If it had a disc brake conversion by the same guy who patched the muffler, I would run away. 

Have a real garage find been stored 36 years got it running repairing brakes right now 1937 Roadmaster

4 door with dual side mounts. Black exterior gray interior NO RUST call me at 814 558 7052

$15000.00  thanks Rob Eaton

Eatonfab,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. You might have better luck selling the car if you post a separate post with more description of the car and photos. I would also be willing to help you get it advertised on the 36-38 Buick Club website if you are intersted. You can check out the club website ad page at this link: http://www.3638buickclub.org/advertisements.html

• 4 weeks later...