Discovery Channel Called Today About the 57 Skyliner

victorialynn2

On 1/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, victorialynn2 said:

I just finished the interview. They are doing 12 episodes initially. They will edit the interview and submit it to the producers for consideration. 

I did tear tear up talking about my father but was able to get through it. I’d say with so few episodes, there’s a very small chance of the 57 being chosen,

If this show is NOT about the people I can't see it amounting to much.

We've all seen cars........it's the PEOPLE who make them interesting....... ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, j762538 said:

No but they wanted to know the nearest airport and my drivers license #. Was the last woman Alex?

Yes, I got the same questions. I was like why my DL#? She said something about needing for travel arrangements. Yes I believe that was her name. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

I've booked flights for other people when planning my own travel and don't ever recall needing a Driver License but do need full name and date of birth. 

If selected, be prepared to provide a W9 if you receive any compensation.  Not sure if hotel, flight and meals would count towards that calc, likely not. 

5 minutes ago, CarFreak said:

I've booked flights for other people when planning my own travel and don't ever recall needing a Driver License but do need full name and date of birth. 

If selected, be prepared to provide a W9 if you receive any compensation.  Not sure if hotel, flight and meals would count towards that calc, likely not. 

I was thinking more for the car shipping/insurance. No compensation and those are all expenses, at least when I travel for work. 

I agree th

12 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I do see the Airflow in that car. I think the Peugeot is a better looking car. Good eye Paul Dobbin.

i see Chrysler Airlow influence in many vehicles after 9 Great America Races in this one.  Style & Beauty, maybe but durability for sure.

5a6f420fbeed3_TedsTAXI.thumb.jpg.2cec5bca4c025523d35c8dcb3ac4d4b6.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

The great race looks like fun, maybe one day I can run a car in it. It would have to be a Hudson, they have never let me down.

I think Hudsons have won more times than any other make.  At least in the early years when I raced and the cars had to be Pre WWII.

Now they take up to 1972, hardly a antique car yet, plus it's shorter in time and distance.  But, still a ball I would guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered someone had connections to Hollywood through their daughter. If he, or anyone with legal experience, etc would like to review the paperwork I was sent, please let me know. I want to make sure it looks legit, etc. I have one specific question also. 

~(Almost retired) #oldcarprincess

2 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Well guys, it looks like the Skyliner and I are headed to Hollywood for filming on February 28th. They are shipping using National Transport who has their own drivers and insuring for the agreed amount on my JC Taylor policy. 

A great time coming up for the Skyliner, you AND your Dad.   Congrats, V.L.

• Thanks 1

Very Cool!

The car is the star. ?

I disagree. When I go to car shows, it's the people and their stories that are the interesting part. Staring at a bunch of parked cars can get boring quick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

Hey guys, I am very sorry if this disappoints anyone, but for reasons I’d rather not discuss, I am going to back out of the Discovery Channel Project. It just isn’t good for me right now. 

I am sorry to hear this, V.L.   Don't make a  decision which you may regret, down the road.

Hey guys, I am very sorry if this disappoints anyone, but for reasons I’d rather not discuss, I am going to back out of the Discovery Channel Project. It just isn’t good for me right now. 

That happens sometimes, sorry to hear it.  Even though the show was footing some of the bill, there's still time and money to commit to such an endeavor.  I would think the time you spent in Texas has you in a time bind in Oregon.....

As an alternative, let's don't lose the story.  Sit down and start typing, and tell the story of either that car, or more about your father's lifetime of collecting.  It's fun to do, and then you can both share stories and have a permanent record of what you remember....

• Like 5

VL2. No explanation needed. Do what is best for you and your situation. If you have some indecision talk to the show producers about delaying your appearance. What Trimacar said about writing down the story can be very good for you and the memory of your dad and his passion for all things automotive. What you have given all of us with sharing this story can never be considered a disappointment and everyone of us would probably give you a big hug and say “well done”. Now is the time for you to enjoy the work you have done in saving that story and the cars. Have fun. 

Dave S 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

We are proud to call you FRIEND . No discovery needed.  Anyone that takes care of a parent as you are is A OK in my book.

Ben

• Like 3

I agree, no explanation needed.  You've demonstrated that you can make good decisions, based on your very nice postings on this forum, so we need to respect that you're making the correct decision for your circumstances.

I mentioned the writing because I did just that, I traveled a lot, and sitting in a room with nothing to do started writing my car adventures over fifty years.  I have enough now for a book! 

7 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Make the best decision for YOU. No need to apoligize to anyone Vicki. I've never had to deal with anyone involved in television, but I've heard it can be a PITA.

• Like 1

VL,

I went through the interview process also, way too much work if you ask me, sounds like I am a standby?  I am pretty sure they do not understand the connection some of these cars have to the owners.  They asked me about replacement value.   I told them it is not replaceable, they insisted on a number.  Well if it happens I am going to turn it into a family outing, I guess Granada's Graham will be taking the family on one more trip.

In September 1952 Grandpa packed up the 1933 Graham and family for a trip to the Milwaukee Zoo.  It was a 100 mile trip one way.  When they got to the Zoo it was closed because of the Polo Epidemic.  When Grandpa told them how far they had traveled they were allowed to tour the zoo anyway, it was a different time.   My Mom was about 14 for the trip.

2 hours ago, Graham Man said:

In September 1952 Grandpa packed up the 1933 Graham and family for a trip to the Milwaukee Zoo.  It was a 100 mile trip one way.  When they got to the Zoo it was closed because of the Polo Epidemic.  When Grandpa told them how far they had traveled they were allowed to tour the zoo anyway, it was a different time.   My Mom was about 14 for the trip.

That sounds like the luck of the Griswalds.

Indeed the times are a changin.

@keiser31, I am headed down to your neck of the woods today and tomorrow to see about a job. I may be relocating down there. Maybe I will see some of those cars that you always post about! 

Best of of luck to all involved in the show. Indeed it’s a lot of work, even more after you are selected, and the timing was not right for me and Ms. Peggy Sue. 

2 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

@keiser31, I am headed down to your neck of the woods today and tomorrow to see about a job. I may be relocating down there. Maybe I will see some of those cars that you always post about! 

Best of of luck to all involved in the show. Indeed it’s a lot of work, even more after you are selected, and the timing was not right for me and Ms. Peggy Sue. 

Please feel free to look me up in Phoenix/Medford area.

• Like 1