Hello new member

hello all new member here .  just thought I would intro myself , I have been restoring cars for years an been a big fan of buicks since my first one , 76 2 door lesabre  (it was like driving my couch !) . I finally got another one, 55 roadmaster ! an I may need some help restomodding this one , someone made changes to the car that would be a big pain to undo . the plus side , the car has a very clean body an frame untouched drive line  322 nailhead  with 40 k on it .

so if theres any other buick fans out there I would appreciate the education on this car .

buick 003.JPG

• Like 1

no I didn't post this down further in the forum figured it was a work in progress at this point . Garyf

zipdang . at some point someone shaved off its drip rails on the roof , removed the door handles an all  locks an welded the openings shut , the change I wish they had not made filled the original tail light areas an reshaped them an installed frenched 60 Cadillac tail lamp lenses an removed an filled the hood crest they also installed what looks like ford headlamp buckets an trim rings then welded an filled the front fender areas where the original headlamp trim would have been oh an its been rewired which is good ,( converted the car to 12  volt ) an bad as they added wiring for modern power seats an swapped out its original gauges for crap autozone ones. over all after really looking it over for the last week it is missing a lot of little things such as some pieces of the heater controls ,inner door handles, one of the wiper arm guides, all of the weather seals . she needs love .

20 minutes ago, zipdang said:

I'll say she needs some tender loving care. Sounds like you are the man to do it!

thanks !I think I can handle it the hardest thing is going to be sourcing parts an getting things in working order again .

• 3 weeks later...

swapped out all the seats found the heater controls hiding in a local scrap yard , an updated the front brakes an master cylinder . an totally replumbed the heating an trans cooling systems , (anyone know where I can source a new thermo static controller? I tested mine out of the car an reinstalled now its leaking !)  since the last post .

buick rear seat conversion 008 (800x600) (2).jpg

buick rear seat conversion 009 (800x600).jpg

last of the brake work 001 (800x600).jpg

last of the brake work 003 (800x600).jpg

last of the brake work 009 (800x600).jpg

last of the brake work 010 (800x600).jpg

seats 001 (800x600).jpg

seats 003 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1