4-cylinder DB parts for sale

Even though I am the editor of the club magazine, I forgot to include an ad for myself in the last issue offering to bring any needed "heavy" parts to Hershey for those who may be interested. This stuff is "cheap" just so I can clear out my barn. I have 5 or 6 front later axles, some tie rods, a nice rear end with tapered axles MISSING the ring and pinion, four cowls from earlier touring cars, rough. Also used crankshafts, cam shafts and miscellaneous smaller engine castings, front ball mount, etc. This stuff will sell in the $10-20 range, $50 OBO for the rear axle if I can meet you at the Club dinner parking lot Friday. E-mail me at welshfield@nowonline.net.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello...

I have a 1927 Dodge Brothers Business Sedan (we've owned for 35 years). The pot metal distributor is disintegrating - do you have one or a line on how to repair? The failing pot metal looks like a tire with dry rot, and the first thing to go was the clamp/advance-retard arm. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. V/R, John.

• 2 months later...

Look in the ads in any DBC magazine, for a man named Dan Kerr, in Philly, Pa. He has someone who rebuilds dist. and has access to to the spark adlust clamp. It took me two tries to get my job done right, but he honored his guarrantee.

...just a detail. Kerr is in Pittsburgh.

Also, Glenn Smith in Australia has a replacement "points plate" for your distributor that will allow you to use modern Bosch points instead of those $75-per-set North East ones. It's a simple swap of a simple part that you can reverse in case any judge wants to take off the distributor cap. See www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com for catalog of DB stuff.