For Sale ; 29 Desoto wood wheels

ArticiferTom

• 2 years later...

They do look like mine but my interchange book does not show wheels so I can't confirm they'd fit. 

Any idea what it would cost to ship them to zip 57241? 

How far are you from Lansdale PA.

Made a business trip to Lansdale in the 70's. Amazed me how small the farms were. Looked like most weren't more than 20 acres. 

Could be they  were bigger but they sure were close together. 

I am more mountain valley area . Most farms are larger or where .  . The problem is they disappeared but a few large farmers that use acreage thought out areas from old families that could not keep them going . Lots where dairy and potato . Wise Potato Chip has large factory near . Now anything goes . Hemp even started last year .

Ill get a weight and est on postage .

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, ArticiferTom said:

One has a slight subsurface delamination  on a spoke

A check like this should not affect the operation of the wheel at all.  One spoke on the rear "Jaxon" wheel on my Grandfathers Pontiac got a check like this during the winter of 1937.  He drove the car until 1959 (99,000 miles)  I have added an additional 400,000 miles using this car as my daily driver.  The check has never caused any problem.

I'm sitting out in the boat right now fishing and I can barely see the screen on this phone so it's going to be a while before you get any decent replies from me. Yeah let me know what the total is Tom and I'll get back to you. Thanks for checking for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, Fossil said:

I'm sitting out in the boat right now fishing and I can barely see the screen on this phone

Imagine what kind of reaction you would get out of the previous generation of auto enthusiast's if they were to time warp into todays world?

We are so fortunate to have the information at our fingertips. One of the few things that makes technology worth it is the research aspect that used to take months or years can sometimes now be found in a few minutes or days.

Also, Tom is probably one of the best guys I've come across in the hobby. Genuine, fair, straightforward, honest, respectful and always willing to help. A true class act in my book. 
Thanks Tom for all you do! We all appreciate your being part of the auto hobby community. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Also, Tom is probably one of the best guys I've come across in the hobby. Genuine, fair, straightforward, honest, respectful and always willing to help. A true class act in my book. 

Couldn't have worded it any better. 🙂

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 1