HPOF deductions

keith nyman

Are  original snow and mud tires that have ink stamp which states " Goodyear Tire ship to Chevrolet Motor Division Janesville Wisconsin " A deduction in HPOF as they are not the Uniroyals on the front ? All 4 tires are the Originals that came on 68 Chevrolet C 10 .

"Mud and Snow". not sure, but...

I'll leave the deduction questions to the HPOF judges; but yes, 68 C10s could come equipped with optional equipment "On-Off Road Nylon" tires, "Rear Only".  Option #s: R43 on 5.50 rim width, R64 on 5.00 rim width, R81on 5.25 rim width and RQ2 on 6.00 rim width; 7.00-15, 6.50-16, 7.00-17.5, and 8.00-16.5, respectively.

What you need is factory documentation.  Do a Google search for "1968 Chevrolet Trucks, Series C10" from the GM Heritage Center Archives.  Actually, just "1968 Chevrolet Truck PDF" should do it.

Edited by Phillip Cole
addition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The truck was purchased new by a family member a farmer in his late 70 s .He would not allow anyone else to drive truck . I tried to buy it in 82 while he was still alive ,but he would not sell. at that time it had 3605 miles . He left truck in will to someone else who approached me in 96 asking if I was interested ? it had not been moved in over 20 years . The rear tires are Goodyear that were designed for studs in winter and have Ink stamp which states" Goodyear Tire and Rubber ship to Chevrolet Motor Division Janesville Wisconsin " which is where Truck was made .

Keith, I was employed by Chevrolet for 34 years.

In that time, I saw mud and snow tires shipped with 4 x 4 vehicles, with all four tires being the same brand and design.

I also saw the ink stamping you speak of.

I did not see mud and snows on the rear only, with conventional tires on the front, as on a 2 wheel drive application.

Now, because I did not see it does not mean mud and snows on the rear only,  did not happen.

I think you have a unique combination ....... I never say "rare" because that word is run into the ground by car collectors.

It will be very interesting to see how your truck is judged,  at an AACA event.

Best of luck, keep us here posted.