What are some of the stupid things you've seen drivers do?

retiredmechanic74

If I were to tell you what I've seen, I could fill up 3 pages, soooo I'm going to tell one thing I did (not to lone ago) I needed to go to the store to pick something up. The store is located in this (as Trump would say) Yhuge strip mall. The entrance and exits were really wide, one for entrance, one for left turn and one for right turn. I got what I was after and drove to the exit to turn right and there was a guy in a late model Cadillac in the right turn lane in front of me so we waited for traffic to clear ( heavy traffic) and when it cleared the guy in the caddie just sat there? I politely tapped my horn to shock him back into reality but by then traffic was to close for him to pull out. Waited and traffic cleared again and still he didn't move so this time I laaiidd on the horn but to late traffic was on us again. Traffic cleared for the 3rd time and he didn't move. Well at this time I had my box of crayons out and was very busy coloring my vocabulary when I decided to pull around him and just cut him off but not before I used some explicit adjectives to tell this guy what an idiot he was. I put down my passenger side window and shot up along side of him........Looking over at him I realized why he didn't move for...............When I was behind him what I thought was his head............turned out to be a "for sale sign"  He parked it there,I guess owning a Caddie has its privileges.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See this all the time -- driver misses an exit on the freeway, and rather than going to the next one and doubling back, instead stops and backs up against the flow of traffic coming at them at 60-70 MPH.

I've also dodged several cars going the wrong way on the freeway, both day and night, in various places around the country. 

I was following a woman who was driving her car, bouncing between the center and shoulder lines, couldn't stick to a fixed speed to save her soul and following her was driving me nuts........ :blink:

I FINALLY got along side her when the road switched to four lanes and saw why.

She had a cigarette in one hand and was TEXTING with the other....... :angry:

I may have followed her to get the license number but had a 110 mile drive ahead of me and didn't have time.

I saw a young heifer like that going between 50 - 85 , all over I-5 Southbound as I was driving to Portland , OR. Wasn't smoking , but occasionally she would look up from her diddle screen to stay in at least 2 of the paved lanes. I was able to call in her specifics , and then monitor her from in front (I am too chicken to drive BEHIND idiots like that). We were too close to the river , the state line , so she got out of WSP jurisdiction. I called OR authorities , had to exit , sure hope they got her. IMHO this type of flying blind should PERMANENTLY disqualify such unaware "drivers" from the driving privilege. I mean , they don't even have the excuse "sorry officer , I was just drunk and didn't know what I was doing".   - Carl

I was driving along I-94 in Michigan where it's 70 MPH so naturally everybody is doing 80 and 85 I was on my way to see my son when I came up on a car that was changing lanes about every 3/4 mile or so and as I would try to pass the car would change lanes right in front of me. Finely I got my chance and as I flew pass I saw a woman behind the wheel folding clothes. I no sooner got pass her and I came across a guy doing 75 or 80 reading a news paper.