2018 Annual Meeting Registration & Seminar Schedule

Pat Buckley

The 82nd AACA Annual Meeting will take place February 8-10, 2018, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. If you have never been to an AACA Annual Meeting in the City of Brotherly Love you are missing a great time. The trade show, car exhibit, educational seminars and the awards banquet are just a few of the highlights you'll experience during the meeting. We look forward to seeing each of you in Philly!

Click here for the registration form (open to AACA members only)!

Check out the seminar schedule!  

Please note that the seminar schedule is tentative and subject to change. We will be sure to provide all attendees with the most up-to-date copy onsite at the Annual Meeting.

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

Thanks for posting the seminar schedule, Pat!  It looks like a great slate of interesting and informative seminars.  Now if I could only figure out how to attend more than one at the same time . . .

@ThunderVette We have a list here at National HQ that would have your name on it- if you have a chance to give us a call at 717-534-1910 we can check for you. Depending on when you mailed your registration to Mike Jones, it might not be listed on that list yet. Example: If your check hasn't been cashed yet. It does take a few days to complete the process. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AnniesSS said:

This will be my first trip to the National Meeting.  While I'm not looking forward to Philly in February, once i get to the hotel, I'm not leaving until I head back to the airport!  

Look at the Reading Terminal Market website before you decide to stay inside the whole time.... ?

• Like 2

I'm flying in Friday morning at about 8am - is anyone driving that might can pick me up from the airport?

Conversely, I'm leaving for an 8pm flight Saturday night, is someone available that can drop me off at the airport anytime before 8pm?

Appreciate the help :)

Annie,

The easiest way to deal with it would be to call the hotel and schedule a shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel. After you arrive, you can also schedule a shuttle ride back to the airport. If you happen to need the shuttle at a time that is not avaiable, there are plenty of cabs lined up at the airport that will be happy to take you to the hotel for a (By Philly standards...) reasonable rate. There is a set rate for the trip by any of the cabs based on the hotel's location, but I don't recall what it was.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:40 PM, AnniesSS said:

While I'm not looking forward to Philly in February, once i get to the hotel, I'm not leaving until I head back to the airport!  

Take it from a snow-country boy:  If you change your outlook,

you'll enjoy cold weather.  Breathe in zero-degree air, and it's

like inhaling a breath mint!  

But it's doubtful that you'll experience much of that.  

Philadelphia is the warmest of all places in the state.

While northern counties may have typical highs in the

upper 20's, Philadelphia is commonly at 40.

John, I lived in NY for 33 years.   Seen my share of very cold temps, snow.  Now living in the south, I experience ice that isn't in my glass. I didn't like the cold then and I like it even less now.  I'm one of those "cold-natured" people.  There is no one on this planet that will ever convince me to "like" the cold.  Ever.  Besides, I've seen Philly before, this isn't my first visit there, just to the AACA meeting.

• Like 2

For the annual meeting I usually do not stay over at the Sheraton since I live about an hour away.

Anyone looking for an alternative to the underground garage at the Sheraton might want to consider the Gateway Parking Garage located at 1540 Vine Street.

I used this garage last year when I came to the Annual Meeting on Saturday. The fees seem reasonable to me (I paid $7 for park all day Saturday).

The link above shows all their parking rates. The parking garage has two entrances. Be warned that vehicle clearance for the garage is 6 feet 10 inches tall.

Depending on your length of stay for the meeting (Weekday rates are higher than the cheap weekend rates), this might be a cost effective alternative to the Sheraton Parking Garage.

FYI, this garage is located just across the street from the Sheraton. Also be advised that you park your vehicle first then walk to one of the Parking Kiosk Machines in the garage to pay for your parking. There are signs to direct you to the machines.  When I used this garage last year you had your choice of paying with cash or a credit card.

Charlie

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --

For the very first time, the City of Philadelphia will host a parade honoring the Eagles as Super Bowl champions!

City officials confirmed that the parade will be held on Thursday. It's expected to begin around 11 a.m.

The parade will begin at Broad and Pattison in South Philadelphia, then head north to the Art Museum.

The city said additional details will be announced at 9 a.m. Tuesday.

• Like 1

Personally, I am a big believer that one can never have too much information when planning a trip

In case anyone wants details on what streets are closed and when click here.   Street Closures and Parking Restrictions for Eagles Super Bowl Parade

Here is a street map that will come in handy:    Street Map of Philadelphia including the Annual Meeting hotel and parade route.

FYI, 201 North 17th Street is the street address for the hotel shown on the map.

The Gateway Parking garage on the map is the garage I mentioned in an earlier post

There are a number of streets in the area of the hotel that will be closed from early morning until early evening on Thursday.

For example, 17th Street between Arch Street and Vine Street will be closed so if you normally use those streets you need to plan an alternate route.

Anyone driving to the annual meeting on Thursaday might want to take a look at the above information and plan their route carefully.

Charlie

Edited by charlier (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I agree with Charlie.  Traffic could be horrendous, could be....no one knows but if you time things right and get there after the parade starts it might not be so bad.  We are doing everything we can to ensure that the weekend is a good one and want to advise everyone not to panic.  A few people have jumped out the proverbial cliff worried about mayhem and madness.  Don't think at our hotel there will be any of that stuff unless you are talking about me personally!!  Come on down. 

• Like 1

It was 4 Am when I got up this morning and now it's 4:45 AM.  Would love to get out of here by 6 AM, but probably won't happen.  Too many last things to do.  Will overnight at my favorite motel in Smithfield, NC tonight.  That'll put me into Philadelphia just about parade time.  Golly I hate the very thought of it.  Hope there's no rocks, bottles or glass.  It was great that AACA sent out a notice on this event and another way in to the motel....cudo's for Headquarters!  I think last year I did not use the Delaware Memorial Bridge as I have since 1966, but came on up I-95 and actually got onto that 676 road in.  It's like a snake where you get off for the hotel, so be aware.  I'm sure the GPS will not know that back way in through the alley and all of that though.  I'll drive my new Buick LaCrosse with only 275 miles on it when leaving home.  It is so smart that it's dumb. I hate the thing, and the sad part is the weather man is saying I could have driven the Dodge Charger which has less "intelligence" built into it, but is a heck of a lot smarter and better in every way to the front drive Buick. Of course, I'm an old guy who still depends on a fliptop cell phone.  This Buick is like driving around in a new cell phone. :)  Hope to see you all (as in  ya'll) in Philadelphia Thursday night for the Past President's Dinner.  This will be my last one after 52 years with one miss because of illness two years ago.  Let's all have fun.  I'll be 80 next year if I'm still here and I'm not making that trip again, new Buick or not.

The email that they sent out said to take the First Right off 15th St, but that's wrong. That's Vine St. You have to continue past the westbound Vine St and East bound Vine St intersections about a block to make the right on String St. Look at the map that was posted a few posts earlier. The map very clearly shows this. Good luck to everyone arriving tomorrow.

I'm from the Philadelphia area. I don't anticipate any real rowdiness like after the game since this is a daytime event ending near the Museum of Art. Philly does a lot of big events there and they know how to handle things. Plus, everybody is in such a good mood they'll probably be holding hands (well, maybe). 

On another subject, the Simeone Museum has a Brass Car Event on Saturday. They're bringing out some of their oldest machines and running them. Looks like a lot of fun.

Phil

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Made it!  Planned trip to arrive in downtown at 5 pm. Lots of traffic, but not much worse than any downtown at 5 pm. ?

i talked to to people who arrived at 3 and they finally got to the hotel at 5 pm.  So my late arrival paid off.