Lloyd "Overdrive" Young has passed.

37buick

We stopped there on a VMCCA Nickel Tour in 2015  His wife was still alive.  Two of the nicest people and their Buildings/Cars/Collections were really something.

At a more recent Tour they brought a priceless radiator cap to our Auction Night.  They bid hundreds of dollars on it and took it back home.  They had no intention of parting with it, they just wanted to share one of their rare pieces with all of us and make a significant donation to the club too.  They could have stayed home since they were not even on the Tour or brought some cheap donation but they didn't.  Pure class.

Edited by Brian_Heil
corrected year (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I sold him a 1930s Packard rear end at Chickasha, Oklahoma about five years ago, which is where I met him. That thing weighed about 400 pounds. I was amazed at his wife. Four of us picked the thing up and laid one end of it on the edge of his pickup truck bed. Mrs. Young hopped up into the bed of the truck, grabbed the end of the assembly, and pulled it all the way up to the front of the truck bed--mostly by herself! Wow! How many wives would ever get that involved with this hobby? She was amazing, and she was no spring chicken at that time!

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I’m a Lloyd OD owner / user.  (2014).  I’d been to his place twice.  A wonderful an knowledgeable guy.   Great news,  the machinist he was using in Circleville, is continuing doing OD’s.  Price seems to be the same.   Glen has changed Lloyd’s phone number on Lloyd’s ad in Hemings Motors.   If you can not find it, e-mail me as I have it.

• 1 month later...