Wanted - Delco or simular dual distributor drive - see pictures.

mikewest

Hello Mike,

I have chased down, over the past years three of these Delco units pictured.  Two of them are four cylinder units and both have places to go.  The third is a 50% complete 6 cylinder cylinder unit.  These attached pictures will show you what I have.  The first unit is my extra 6 cylinder unit.

Al

DSC01249.JPG

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

They are around, I saw on last year and the guy wanted crazy money, while not common, there is almost no demand. If you want one, PM me and I can give you a number of a person who probably will have one available at normal market rate. The caps are hard to find. 

Hi Ed,

Thank you for responding to my quest!  If its a Delco unit Ill need a 6 Cyl piece. If its a brand X like the Philips I showed ,I could swap out the distributors  to a 6 cyl. I want to use it on a early 6 cyl T head I have in a 1910 Mitchell. Thank you! PS I always enjoy reading your responses and  your advise to "Drive it like you stole it" Mike West

Mike, sent you pix of one I have, think it was off a Stutz. Was going to use it on my 50 hp t head speedster project but it now surplus. I also have a dual 4 distributor, that is off a studebaker fires 8 plugs for a 4 cylinder motor, was going to use that on my Fronty sr but decided t use one of my Bosch 2 spark dual mags

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Mike. Its a six unit. It belongs to a car in a shop I frequent. The car is much later and doesnt fit the car currently being restored. Language is a problem, but I am sure the owner will sell, I'm guessing he may want more than I think its worth. PM me and send me your email, I'll get photos, and you can make him an offer. I think the making an offer route is the best way on this item. Ed