How warm is it where you are?

Larry Schramm

It is 22 degrees here in Wilmington NC this morning. We are supposed to have a high of 36 today and a low of 16 tonight. This is not normal weather for us. The good news is that we should only have to deal with the snow and ice on the ground for a few more days. It should be in the 50's on Monday, which will finally melt all of the white stuff on the ground. The last time we had multiple days of sub freezing weather with ice on the ground was in 2014.

It's 0 outside.  +2 in the new unheated garage,  and it's suppose to go down to -14 tonight with a high tomorrow of -2.  Of course they have been off by 10 degrees quite often.  Of course,  that's been averaging 10 degrees colder than what they have forecast.  Lets hope not for the next couple of days. 

An even 0 this AM @ 0730. NW wind gusting to 30 MPH. Even the dogs go out and want to come right back in rather than their usual patrol of the property to make sure everything is still under control. Wood stove is cranked up. Coffee is hot. Cat is snoozing in her chair and it's the wife"s turn to feed and water the horses..............It's all good here..............Bob

• Haha 1

13 F 7:am as I was filling up a soft tire on my Montero  - here in Virginia - (windy too.)

polar-bear-sitting-with-ice-cream-2365-2800-2.jpg

Long Island NY, 12" to 18" of snow on the ground and about 8 degrees. Not a roadster day, in fact not a day for any driving. When my son was living in Whittier CA they would bitch about rain. Poor babies!

11 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

Long Island NY, 12" to 18" of snow on the ground and about 8 degrees. Not a roadster day, in fact not a day for any driving. When my son was living in Whittier CA they would bitch about rain. Poor babies!

When I lived in SoCal, I complained when it wouldn't rain but what do you expect for a desert. I love rain and 20 years ago I moved to where it rains a lot

It's 38 and raining right now. That's warm compared to NY.

You know it's cold when your mustache freezes over on your way from the house to the garage and you need to break the icicles off before you can blow your nose.

How warm or cold the thermometer says it is varies from place to place. When I drove past the bank on my way home the outside temp display on my dash said it was  -8, time and temp on the sign at the bank said it was -12. Ten miles SE of me in the center of the city it's a balmy +2, ten miles SW of me it's a chilly -17.

12 minutes ago, Digger914 said:

You know it's cold when your mustache freezes over on your way from the house to the garage and you need to break the icicles off before you can blow your nose.

Kind of reminds me of this scene from the Great Race.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

No it's not warm here, it's COLD at 18F and 20 to 30 mph winds blowing!  Getting really tired of this cold and snow.  My wheelchair is not equipped with a heater or all season tires so I'm grounded until things improve.  

Terry

2 hours ago, JustDave said:

HELLO EVERYONE

IM IN SO CALIFORNIA AND THE WEATHER REPORT SAYS IT WILL BE A CHILLY 70 DEGREES,CANT WAIT FOR SPRING AND SUMMER

My outdoor thermometer is showing 68°F at the moment. I do wish that the blocking high that is sending our storms north to be chilled and then dumped on people further east would go away. Then we'd get the rain we need and you'd get warmer weather.

• Like 1

Digger, I am a retired firefighter and I cannot begin to tell you how cold it can get. Going into a burning building that's about a thousand degrees and not only getting soaked by the water but the your own sweat from physical exertion. Then the "fun" begins when the fire is out and you have to pack all your hose and get the engine ready for the next job. I have company pictures where we look like "icemen". Literally coated from head to toe with ice. It's the best job in the world and also the worst.The reason I bring it up is that I have a mustache and it was frozen every day in the winter. Try to stay warm my Brothers.

15 minutes ago, huptoy said:

The dedicated joggers & walkers are out in the single digit weather but the birds & varment are all laying low.  Me, I am waiting for better weather.  

Now that tick season is over (they truly are spawn of the devil) I usually take the dogs for a romp through the fields about this time of day. I skipped yesterday but they're pestering me to go so I'm about ready to put on my Carharts, scarf, hat, and mittens, grab my walking stick,  and give it a go. Temps not too bad, about +12 F but the wind will be a bitch................Bob

Yes raining, but it's the first rain we've seen in Seattle in a week. It's been cold though, with nighttime temps around freezing, and daytime temps in the low 40's. People around here start complaining when it gets to be, around, freezing. Around here, we hate to scrape out windshields, and snow, forget about it!

3 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Our politics, taxes, court system and gun laws may suck, but it's 81 degrees here in Palm Springs today!  :lol:

You worry too much. Go with the flow. Had a really nice romp with the dogs today. Freezing one's ass off has the benefit of coming in to a house warmed by a bright burning wood stove and a finger or two of blackberry brandy nothing short of sublime............Bob

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

I'm with you on this overcrowded island not much fun!

4 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

You worry too much. Go with the flow. Had a really nice romp with the dogs today. Freezing one's ass off has the benefit of coming in to a house warmed by a bright burning wood stove and a finger or two of blackberry brandy nothing short of sublime............Bob

Not a worry in the world Bob.