1933-1935 1st series

rageracing

Looking to buy a 33-35 1st series pickup.  The more complete the better.  Would prefer it to be able to run.  Looking to make it a fun project to do with my kids.  I think a fun way to learn about these vehicles is to start small by being able to pick a component and rebuild it.  My current truck needs assembled and total restoration which we do not have the time to start that. 

Acquiring one of these models in decent running shape is going to cost you a pretty penny, probably around 10 grand or more. If you have one already,you might be further ahead to put it back together. We've recently seen prices as high as 35,000 for unrestored trucks of this style as my buddy had been hunting one. he finally found one for a little over 10, which still needs the correct engine and tranny. Good hunting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, what was I thinking. The shackles are in the front eyes. On the '36's, the left front rear uses a shock eliminator setup and the right uses a large screw in bushing with a grease fitting in the center.I see from my service manual that the '35 car is reversed, with the solid bushing in the front, as shown in your photo, and the shackle at the rear. The rears are specific to the '35's and possibly the '33's as far as I can tell, but I think that the fronts are the same as the '36 car rear bushings. If the shackles are not too badly worn they can be reused. I had to use a combination of new and used parts on my shackles as the repros didn't always fit well.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)