1936 Cord

Xander Wildeisen

Auburn - never had that problem— my future wife walked in the bar about 8pm in a short skirt and great legs and I was a goner! 50 years ago today. 18 days after I came home from across the pond and got out of the army 

Dave S 

Edited by SC38DLS
Been married48 met her 50 years ago (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I called the ad on the Cords, I wanted to know what it would take to buy both cars. Seller said 25K buys them both. The open car is a cab/sportsman, missing the top bows, floor cut out for RWD trans tunnel, unknown rear end, unknown front suspension and a chopped up/missing dash. Car is missing the body tag, and titled with the number stamped on the frame(OR title). The sedan is what you see in the pictures. I thought about just driving the 4 hours to go and see the cars, I would have to let go of one of my projects to pick up those. It would take both cars to make a incomplete sportsman. Money would be better spent buying the Auburn Cab that was the all the ////////talk awhile back:) If I was to buy the Cords, I know that I could not help myself, I would build a custom out of the two. A custom open Cord would be really cool, until a person went to sell it. Something about under water automotive scuba diving??? From a custom car guy at heart, I just do not see how you can improve on the 36-37 Cord design. A removable hard top could be made out of the sedan roof, and reshaped to fit the Sportsman, and restore the car from there. But it would need to have the exhaust out the side of the hood, It just sounds like a lot of money going into something that you would get hammered on when you went to sell. I did get my courtesy car on the road. And after a night of really heavy drinking, the two cars look just about the same.

25k for both cars is not unreasonable at all. 

• Like 1