Wow what a car!

Seafoam65

If you like eyeballing nice 65 Rivieras, go to Hemmings .com Rivieras for sale and

check out the Red with black vinyl top original owner 65 GS Riviera that was special ordered with every single option available

that is going to Barrett Jackson in January..........I'm drooling on my keyboard right now! 

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

If you like eyeballing nice 65 Rivieras, go to Hemmings .com Rivieras for sale and

check out the Red with black vinyl top original owner 65 GS Riviera that was special ordered with every single option available

that is going to Barrett Jackson in January..........I'm drooling on my keyboard right now! 

I don't see the cruise control unit on the fire wall

• Like 1

Pictures from the Hemmings add.

Loren

Seller’s Description: This matching numbers one owner 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport comes with all of its documentation from the day it was purchased including gas log books with every gas fill up and mileage. The car was ordered with all available options including power vent window AM/FM radio rear defroster rear folding arm rest electronic cruise control power antenna air conditioning and heat Guide-Matic power seat 4-note horns remote side mirror and trunk release tissue dispenser and power windows. It runs and drives well powered by an 8-cylinder 425hp engine and automatic transmission.

'65 Riviera Hemmings.jpg

'65 Riviera  Engine Hemmings.jpg

'65 Riviera Interior Hemmings.jpg

Edited by Loren@65GS.com
Include add description (see edit history)

Looks like a very nice car, although I am partial to the color combo.  :>)

I don't have a picture of my cowl tag handy, but it is similarly (heavily) optioned, including guidematic eye, cruise, power vents, etc. 

photo.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seafoam65 said:

I had not noticed the incorrect vinyl top on the car. In my opinion this is going to hurt the

sales price quite a bit.  Chris, I love the pic of your car......it looks awesome!

Thanks Winston!  Here is another shot (my avatar photo), I also have the incorrect tires (and some wax on my rocker trim!).  :>(

002-1.JPG

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Vinyl top trim is missing or v top was added, as Steve has noted no cruise. I`ll be in Scottsdale for a couple of weeks for the auctions but I generally dont attend this auction house. Maybe if I have a chance to attend Barrett I`ll check it out,

Tom

Here is a picture of the back of my vinyl top, definitely different than the car for sale. 

65 vinyl top.jpg

• Like 2

Mine is not in near the condition that Chris's is, and, no vinyl top and the interior is white, but it does have quite a few of the available options ...

5a4bf494905da_9-196520Buick20014.thumb.jpg.031cf22b2d028633e894f6eb5889b03e.jpg

As we all know, the body tag does not list "all" installed options so some of them listed in the sale are not that easy to verify, but this does show most of the main ones.

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

Mine is not in near the condition that Chris's is, and, no vinyl top and the interior is white, but it does have quite a few of the available options ...

5a4bf494905da_9-196520Buick20014.thumb.jpg.031cf22b2d028633e894f6eb5889b03e.jpg

As we all know, the body tag does not list "all" installed options so some of them listed in the sale are not that easy to verify, but this does show most of the main ones.

624 Custom White interior is awesome!!!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jframe said:

I think there is a two door rendering of this wagon too, in a salmon color.

Yes there is ...

16422663_10208733767487510_7521247628300396115_o.jpg.7328dd9532eed98f32b9c8bb372a59d6.jpg

It's a fairly small picture and I'm not sure where it came from but I did have it saved on my computer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Looks pretty darn nice to me!!!

Thanks, but the picture looks better than the car in person. It is a solid starting point but needs a complete going over, including a paint job, among lots of other things. Hopefully soon.

13 minutes ago, Rivman said:

Thanks, but the picture looks better than the car in person. It is a solid starting point but needs a complete going over, including a paint job, among lots of other things. Hopefully soon.

Hey Randall,  what is the serial number of your car?  Is it a late build?  It is my understanding that the white deluxe interior wasn't available until mid production although the white standard interior was available from day one.  Just curious.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Rivman said:

Like Post #27 above, maybe? That is the best I can do.

Dang, I hit the go to first unread and it took me to #24. I didn't notice that there was a page 2.  YES, the rendition in #27 is exactly what I was thinking of.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Hey Randall,  what is the serial number of your car?  Is it a late build?  It is my understanding that the white deluxe interior wasn't available until mid production although the white standard interior was available from day one.  Just curious.  Thanks!

I am guessing you mean the VIN? It is 494475H931953, build date from the body tag is 04B, so yes, it is a fairly late build.

IMG_2562(2.2).thumb.jpg.6fcdede8a16d9c81abd55a094353c49e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that vinyl top was added to a car that was born without it.  Note the moulding under the back window was retained, but original vinyl top cars didn't have that moulding.

Tom - let us know what that Gran Sport sells for, when it goes across the block.