Tractor carburetors wanted

carbking

I know this is a automobile site, but I also know some also play with older tractors. I am trying to buy certain Tillotson carburetors which were used on Cletracs (Cleveland tractor), for parts samples in order to fabricate carburetor rebuilding kits.

I would like to purchase Tillotson carburetor cores : S-6A, S-6B, S-6C, ST-3A, Y-2A, Y-2B, Y-7A, YX-1A, YX-1B, YX-2A, YX-2B, YX,3A, YX-3B, YX-4A, YX-7A, YX-8A, YX-10A, YX-11A.

I have bills-of-material on all of the above, but need samples, primarily of bowl gaskets, and fuel valves (a.k.a. needles and seats). Cores need not be rebuildable (cracked or even broken castings are acceptable), but do need to be complete. Would really prefer off-condition carbs, as I am going to disassemble for samples, and this will remove this particular carburetor from the pool of available carbs. And do not need all of the above, as many used the same kit, so once I find one of the various applications using a specific kit, do not need the others.

If you can help, post in this thread, email, or call 573-392-7378 (9-4 Mon-Tues central time).

Jon.

CA - We have literally hundreds of Tillotson carburetors. Similar in company philosophy to Marvel, Tillotson changed models frequently, with very little interchange. Generally (certainly not always), carbs with a change in the suffix letter would be sufficiently similar that the rebuilding kit would be the same. Example: Y-7B, Y-7C, and Y-7D would all share the same rebuilding kit; however Y-7A used a different main body gasket. But a Y-7C would be different from a Y-8C, etc. So we have to find original carbs to have for sample pieces in order to fabricate rebuilding kits. These demand for the kits is going to be like that for Marvel kits (a really popular Marvel kit will sell 3 annually!), but we try to have this stuff available.

Actually, Tillotson was a major player in the early carburetor market, with their car market share being primarily among the lower priced vehicles, but they did manage a few of the more expensive cars.

Tillotson's influence in the car/truck market began waning in the late 1920's, and died in the 1930's. From memory, the only post-WWII Tillotson on an automobile was on Crosley.

I posted here hoping someone might know of an antique tractor salvage yard that might have salvage some Cletrac tractors.

Jon.