Year End Pic

Scott Mckenzie

27 minutes ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

no,not yet.Trans had a calf so I have a rebuild coming in the New Year

Yikes -- that description sure paints a picture!  Sounds like you have a big stain in the driveway to commemorate the event...  :unsure:

On 12/27/2017 at 9:35 AM, Scott Mckenzie said:

Shockwaves  front ,double convoluted rear. The jury is out on the bag situation so I have a set of drop springs waiting in case I prefer a more static ride.

On 12/28/2017 at 1:01 PM, RivNut said:

The man himself.  

Bill-Mitchell.jpg.a4c910ee2171b52817fb5a8f66c5f837.jpg

He has enough style to be an entertainer. 

On 12/27/2017 at 8:10 PM, smithbrother said:

Nice,  very nice.

Red line tires would put it over the top.  As a artist, I believe everything needs a touch of red.

Dale in Indy 

I`m mulling about some red pinstriping , but the problem seems to be finding what I call ''understated and subtle" I did replace the top knob of my antenna with a translucent replica in red . Perhaps my homage to Bill Mitchell without knowing it at the time ha ha 

1 hour ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

I`m mulling about some red pinstriping , but the problem seems to be finding what I call ''understated and subtle" I did replace the top knob of my antenna with a translucent replica in red . Perhaps my homage to Bill Mitchell without knowing it at the time ha ha 

Ray Knott, the editor of the ROA's Riview had a white 65 Gran Sport that had a thin single red stripe that ran tbe length of the car along the fender crease.  I cant find a picture of it but here's a drawing of it that Nick Toth did some time ago.  The stripe was probably no more than 1/8" thick.

1965-white-buick-riviera-nick-toth.jpg.bdef926950c8caa245060617811483e3.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, jsgun said:

Curious to see how the shockwaves work out for you.

My thought also, Steve. I have heard a number of owners with shockwaves lament on how they wish they would,ve gone with straight bags or are going to change them out when they need it(?). I personally used a 'standard' air spring and did have to fab mounts for the shocks but the ride is 'SUPREME' and I am very pleased. Of course each persons concept of a great ride can be quite different and I hope Scott likes his.

Steve

14 hours ago, slosteve said:

My thought also, Steve. I have heard a number of owners with shockwaves lament on how they wish they would,ve gone with straight bags or are going to change them out when they need it(?). I personally used a 'standard' air spring and did have to fab mounts for the shocks but the ride is 'SUPREME' and I am very pleased. Of course each persons concept of a great ride can be quite different and I hope Scott likes his.

Steve

What was the concern about the shockwaves I would like to see how you fabbed up the shock mounts, any chance you have some pics

Edited by Scott Mckenzie (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

I would like to see how you fabbed up the shock mounts, any chance you have some pics

As a matter of fact;

This shot shows the top bracket & bottom mount on the 'brake reaction rod'. I wanted to be able to remove the bracket if needed so made it 'bolt on'. That piece has a slight curve in it to match the contour of the frame. The bottom mount is also removable; it clamps on the rod. Let me know if you would like to see more detailed photos of this part.

IMG_9062.thumb.JPG.9a1952282954dcf9828aca855af3d8b6.JPG

Thiis one shows the proximity to the front tire when turned hard left. Fairly critical issue which is why placement of brackets is paramount - but CAN be done.

IMG_9064.thumb.JPG.47a4de2a313099fa037b31af97debd19.JPG

Here is the finished one mounted. It's easy to install nuts onto backside of bolts when positioned here as there is a factory stamped opening in the frame on the other side. :)  The bottom left hole didn't work out so I just drilled another and installed the bolt there.

IMG_9066.thumb.JPG.dbacce28c5f8be814c713eea94fac793.JPG

Any other questions I would be glad to answer,

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know, how does a flashy guy like that sell such a conservatively designed car to conservative people.

This is me a couple of months before I bought my Riviera. Can you image him handing me the keys?

0011.jpg.fbe18dc4e5bfcc9810727661ac62d595.jpg

9 hours ago, RockinRiviDad said:

Sweet ride…looking good

Sorry, late to the party. Did u have your car painted…why do your fender gaps need aligning?

Thanks,I painted my car. We were in the process of moving so the front end sheet  metal got put on the car more as a storage idea.I had them off the car to paint them. I finished the paint job a few months later .