New worm drive gears to be made.

edinmass

A Stutz friend is making a run of worm drive gears, the ratio will be 3.8 to 1. Set is 3800.00 each. They will be ready in February. If you want a set, PM me and I will put you in contact with him. I have no intrest in this endeavor except that I am purchasing a set for our 1933. Ed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On January 29, 2018 at 11:21 AM, alsancle said:

Anybody that owns a 27-35 Stutz is crazy not to order a set of these gears.  When I talked to George on Friday night he had only received 6 orders.

Glad I'm sane!

Mind you, it was forced sanity .The wrong oil had chewed lumps out of the crown wheel that was in the car.

IMG_2226 copy.JPG

• 1 year later...

I see these posts are from more than a year ago.  Can I still order a set?  I have a Stearns-Knight, but it has the same Timken worm drive rear end as Stutz.  Please put me in touch with the guy who is making (or has made) them.  Thanks.

Also, I have heard many a story about how the gears have been ruined by using the wrong oil, but have yet to get a definitive answer as to what is the right fluid.  See my thread under general discussion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, Stearns-Knight said:

I see these posts are from more than a year ago.  Can I still order a set?  I have a Stearns-Knight, but it has the same Timken worm drive rear end as Stutz.  Please put me in touch with the guy who is making (or has made) them.  Thanks.

Also, I have heard many a story about how the gears have been ruined by using the wrong oil, but have yet to get a definitive answer as to what is the right fluid.  See my thread under general discussion.

Could you post a picture to the Stearns Knight thread under CCCA?