MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Terry Bond

And a happy new year.

Packages are wrapped,  pies are in the oven,  the ham is ready for tomorrows family feast and we are going to settle back for a little music and a we dram of single malt to toast the season.  At the very least, that's good for chasing away the remnants of my annual head-cold!  

Wishing everyone the merriest holiday season and all the best for the coming year.  Save travels, great weather, peace and good health to you all.

Terry

• Like 4

Thank you Terry for starting this thread, and for all that you and Sue do, and have done for the hobby.

Dale and I add our wishes,

that all participants and supporters of our hobby,

all Forum members,

and those they hold dear,

enjoy the cheer and hospitality of the season,

and enjoy health to continue into the new year.

Now as we watch live streaming of our New Orleans Saints battling their archrivals Atlanta Falcons, we head to the home of our newest AACA members as they brew a fresh cauldron of Chicken and Andouille Gumbo, Rice, fresh home-baked warm French Bread,and  likely accompanied by delicious desserts and spirit-warming cognac.

We hope that you,

and all who serve our great nation,

at home, overseas, and in harms way,

also remain safe and warm,

and enjoy the blessings of the season

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to you, too from Cherrie and me. It has been another great year on this forum with a whole lot more information crammed into my old head. Thanks to all of you and have a safe, warm new year.

Copy of Picture 13605.jpg

• Like 1

I am in Seattle , and went to give my 1924 Cadillac some Christmas Eve love. I opened the primer cups and hand cranked a 1/2 dozen or so revolutions. After replacing the crank hole cover , and closing the 'cups , I lingered. You all know how hard it is to tear yourself away. I don't see it often enough , as it is in a rented garage a couple miles away. I am sure I spent over an hour just touching and looking from various angles. When I opened the man door to leave I was stunned. An accumulation of SNOW ! That seldom happens in Seattle. Generally , if it happens at all , the roads are bare and wet , with short-lived dusting here and there. Luckily it had been somewhat cooler than normal , and cloudy on Saturday. Got down to about 26 that night. And then , with the temp at 29 in the early evening , we were given something so rare that I just can't remember the last time. WE ARE HAVING A WHITE CHRISTMAS !!! I decided this was so special , that I would go out cruising Christmas lights. I drove very slowly on back streets which could not possibly have had salt thrown on them. VERY low traction , so I had to carefully avoid grades. Running a large grid pattern , I was enjoying the warm comfort of the E550 , and listening to some incredibly fine Hawaiian Christmas music. Very little was recognizable , most haunting and evocative , beautiful singing. "Broda' Ace" , the jock on KSER/KSIR , spun 'em and supplied nominal discography. Nary an add to impose on the mood , thankfully. I slowly rounded a corner , and had to stop to wait as a car was parking in just the right place in front of me. From the lack of snow on the windows , you can see which one it was. Can I get a witness !!!! Is this an Old Car Christmas Card ? 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !                  - CC 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

We went to the children's 4:00 service at our church and like C Carl opened the door to leave and lo and behold Victoria also has a "White Christmas".  Merry Christmas to all here on this site and we wish you a Happy New Year as well.

3 hours ago, C Carl said:

Je suis à Seattle et je suis allé donner à mon Cadillac 1924 l'amour de Noël. J'ai ouvert les coupelles d'amorces et j'ai fait tourner une demi-douzaine de révolutions. Après avoir remplacé le couvercle du trou de manivelle et refermé les tasses, je me suis attardé. Vous savez tous combien il est difficile de vous arracher. Je ne le vois pas assez souvent, car il est dans un garage loué à quelques miles de là. Je suis sûr que j'ai passé plus d'une heure juste à toucher et à regarder sous différents angles. Quand j'ai ouvert la porte de l'homme pour partir, j'étais stupéfait. Une accumulation de neige! Cela arrive rarement à Seattle. Généralement, si cela arrive, les routes sont nues et humides, avec des poussières éphémères ici et là. Heureusement, il avait été un peu plus frais que la normale, et nuageux le samedi. Nous sommes descendus à environ 26 cette nuit-là. Et puis, avec la température à 29 en début de soirée, on nous a donné quelque chose de si rare que je ne me souviens plus de la dernière fois. NOUS AVONS UN NOËL BLANC !!! J'ai décidé que c'était si spécial, que je sortirais des lumières de Noël en croisière. Je conduisais très lentement dans les rues secondaires qui ne pouvaient absolument pas être salées. Traction très faible, donc j'ai dû éviter soigneusement les notes. Exécutant un grand modèle de grille, j'appréciais le confort chaud du E550, et écoutais de la musique de Noël hawaïenne incroyablement fine. Très peu était reconnaissable, le plus hantant et évocateur, beau chant. "Broda 'Ace", le jock sur KSER / KSIR, les filait et fournissait une discographie nominale. Nary un ajout à imposer sur l'humeur, heureusement. Je contournai lentement un virage et dû m'arrêter pour attendre qu'une voiture garait juste au bon endroit en face de moi. De l'absence de neige sur les fenêtres, vous pouvez voir lequel il était. Puis-je avoir un témoin !!!! Est-ce une vieille carte de Noël de voiture? 

JOYEUX NOËL À TOUS ! - CC 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

very beautiful pictures C CARL ! :) 

joyeux noël  /  Merry Christmas !  :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tinindian said:

We went to the children's 4:00 service at our church and like C Carl opened the door to leave and lo and behold Victoria also has a "White Christmas".  Merry Christmas to all here on this site and we wish you a Happy New Year as well.

seems so much more Christmassy when there is snow, we had fantastic weather today but normally Christmas in Australia is one of two things - pelting rain or stupidly hot 

And as we say in Oldsworld, Happy "Holidays"! It's cold and overcast here in Southside Vajenya today. We have just finished a shrimp lunch and waiting on tonight's feast.

Thankfully no snow when we came out of midnight Christmas Eve Mass last night. We've had white Christmases here when I was younger but I can take my Christmas dry and warm!  

Keiser, several weeks ago I went to an auction that was selling off the estate of a Gene Autry collector. A near mint cowboy set with two functioning cap pistols, belt/holsters, hat, boots and bandanna went for nearly a grand. Airboddy to they own collecting addictions! I liked my cap guns but to this day the smell of the powder in those caps makes me run for fresh air. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, playswithbrass said:

Keiser31. Did you take that photo?  It’s beautiful 

Yes, I did take that photo. Thank you very much for the compliment, I took it last year and used it for our holiday card. I took it around the corner from our house. That is Church Street under some snow....

Was with my Mom in a nursing home to day     she is 98    she goes in and out of confusion       many worse off than her------------------we were sitting in the hall        some one came by and wished my Mom      MERRY CHRISTMAS       a few times and then wished me MERRY CHRISTMAS -------------------------then went down the hall wishing patients and staff        MERRY CHRISTMAS----------------------on her way out she went through the same routine again--------------------------my Mom was just as confused    on her exit as she was upon entry-------------------

Edited by broker-len (see edit history)