1948 Lincoln Continental V12

TNDoug

I'm trying to remove a pristine left door panel from a 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible. I believe the spring to lower the window is broken. I've looked it over and can't figure out how to remove the vent window handle (clip under the handle?), the push button, and the arm rest. Any help would be appreciated. 

I finally figured out how to remove the door panel. There was a small roll pin behind trim plate for the vent window. Pushed it out and used reverse opening pliers to remove the push button. The spring was fine. There's been quite a few hands on this car in the past. The previous mechanic wired the switches wrong. A little adjustment on the window track and it works great. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 12/25/2017 at 7:49 AM, TNDoug said:

I finally figured out how to remove the door panel. There was a small roll pin behind trim plate for the vent window. Pushed it out and used reverse opening pliers to remove the push button. The spring was fine. There's been quite a few hands on this car in the past. The previous mechanic wired the switches wrong. A little adjustment on the window track and it works great. 

I know your posting was from 4 years ago, but its exactly what I was looking for today!  Thanks!

• Like 1