2020 Buick Club National Meet - Strongsville, Ohio - July 15-19 - CANCELED

BUICK RACER

After several attempts at trying to book at the host hotel without success (but told to keep checking...) we are next door at least from the 15th till the 18th. 

Looking forward to the Meet and putting faces to the Forums participants! :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy Saturday evening everyone.

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone considering attending the National this July.

I attended the most recent meeting of the North East Ohio Chapter of the BCA regarding the Meet last night.

Our plans are progressing very nicely,and it is VERY exciting to see the attention to detail evident in all that we are doing.

Many thanks to Heather Banhidy ,who is spearheading the chapter's organization of this years meet.

We have a super group of members involved,and you will not be disappointed in what we have planned, in scheduled activities,tours,swap meet,day of show, etc.

Though we are not making plans public for the Trophies that will be distributed, I was able to see some of the finished ones on hand last night,and as a participant in countless car shows,as well as National meets in the past,I can guarantee ,you have Never seen anything similar to our creation .

If all things were equal in each yearly meet,which clearly they are not , given the individual dynamics of each one in regard to location,planning,and execution of same. these trophies will blow you away,and the ability to receive one of those should be incentive enough to make your plans now to be in Strongsville in July.

You will have to trust me on this, but I can assure you,that if you take one home, you Will love it,and likely display it proudly the rest of your days.

Hope to see you in July!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:15 AM, TxBuicks said:

. . . Here is a listing of alternate hotels for the 2020 BCA National Meet . . .

An update for the General Membership would be appreciated:

-  The hotels filled-up fast. How many Buicks was the NMC expecting to draw this year?

-  With three months out, what have you received for registrations and number of cars expected as of today?

-  Number of cancellations?

-  I want to say that last year's 2019 Midwest City-OK Meet with ± 125 cars (2%) had to have been the smallest turnout for a Nationals in years. Being the Secretary for so many years, can you confirm the final numbers and state what the previous least turnout was for a BCA Nationals prior to the 2019 OK and the 2018 Denver Meet with ± 167 (2%+) cars?

Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

3 hours ago, 1953mack said:

An update for the General Membership would be appreciated:

-  The hotels filled-up fast. How many Buicks was the NMC expecting to draw this year?

-  With three months out, what have you received for registrations and number of cars expected as of today?

-  Number of cancellations?

-  I want to say that last year's 2019 Midwest City-OK Meet with ± 125 cars (2%) had to have been the smallest turnout for a Nationals in years. Being the Secretary for so many years, can you confirm the final numbers and state what the previous least turnout was for a BCA Nationals prior to the 2019 OK and the 2018 Denver Meet with ± 167 (2%+) cars?

Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Statistics, Statistics.  I don't quite understand why anyone would want to know all this info.  I truly know I'm not interested in it.  What purpose does it serve?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dship said:

Statistics, Statistics.  I don't quite understand why anyone would want to know all this info.  I truly know I'm not interested in it.  What purpose does it serve?

To make an educated decision on the best course of action for the demographic of the club.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

To make an educated decision on the best course of action for the demographic of the club.

Absolutely correct.  That's the job of both the BCA National Meet Committee and the Board of Directors.  I'm sure they already know what issues need to be addressed to arrive at the best course of action for the club.  I'm sure they're already well aware and don't need to be instructed....that's the whole point of my original response.  

• Like 5

With a registration deadline not till late June, there's lots of time for folks to still register. Now with all of this extra uncertainty, I'm holding off sending my registration for the time being. Plenty of time to do so, if things are looking better in another month or so.

Keith

2020 Buick National Meet - Cancelled

In consultation with the members of the National Meet Committee (NMC), the BCA Board of Directors (BOD) has voted to cancel the 2020 National Meet in Strongsville, Ohio.  There will be no BCA National Meet in 2020 due to the COVID 19 virus and our concern for our member’s safety. 

This was a difficult decision to make, but one we feel is in the best interests of the health and well-being of our members. We thank you for your patience while the Board weighed all the facts that went into this decision. We especially wish to offer our heartfelt thanks to the Northeast Ohio Chapter for all their work that went into planning for what would have been a terrific meet this year.

We encourage our members to cancel any motel / hotel reservations that you have for this meet. We are in the process of refunding any entry fees for the 2020 National Meet. Please allow us some time to make these arrangements and get payment to you. People that paid by credit card will have refunds made to their credit card. Members that paid by check or by online will either have their check returned if not cashed or have a check from the BCA send to them.

The NMC and the BOD are in discussions with the Strongsville and Concord (Charlotte) groups for the future.

BCA Board of Directors 

• Thanks 3

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to https://forums.aaca.org/topic/303008-2020-buick-club-national-meet-strongsville-ohio-july-15-19/2020 Buick Club National Meet - Strongsville, Ohio - July 15-19
  • BUICK RACER unpinned this topic