2020 Buick Club National Meet - Strongsville, Ohio - July 15-19 - CANCELED

BUICK RACER

• 2 months later...

Being in my back yard so to speak, I'm looking forward to attending this Meet! :)

They have a Steam Train ride close that is in a scenic valley which would be on my list to take in.

Waiting for info when available.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2018 at 10:59 AM, dei said:

Being in my back yard so to speak, I'm looking forward to attending this Meet! :)

They have a Steam Train ride close that is in a scenic valley which would be on my list to take in.

Waiting for info when available.

Just wondering where that train ride is. Life does not get much better than Buicks and steam trains.

Edited by Jack Welch
incorrect word (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Jack,

The train ride is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

https://www.cvsr.com/

i have not yet been on it personally but look forward to doing so. Check it out on their website or Google the history of the Valley itself. Lots of history and thankfully it was preserved.

Watching for more information on the Meet when it becomes available.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, dei said:

Jack,

The train ride is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

https://www.cvsr.com/

i have not yet been on it personally but look forward to doing so. Check it out on their website or Google the history of the Valley itself. Lots of history and thankfully it was preserved.

Watching for more information on the Meet when it becomes available.

Thank You Del.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 3:58 PM, Jack Welch said:

Just wondering where that train ride is. Life does not get much better than Buicks and steam trains.

Unless it’s Buicks, Trains and Airstreams 😊 There are several farms in the area that offer boondock camping @Buick Regal GS Are y’all familiar with any of them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

FYI...It's not the 54th national meet...it is the 49th...

You can count them here

http://www.buickclub.org/national-meets/

It IS the 54th anniversary of the BCA but the first meet wasn't til 71 and the skipped 74

Edited by 38Buick 80C
more context (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, MrEarl said:

I think it would be fun to at "some" national meet have a call for members with Buicks and trailers, especially vintage trailers to group together and maybe do some caravaning after the meet.

Or maybe it is time for a BCA Caravan Division .With all the intense in station wagons lately and the interest in the last generation Roadmaster wagons, it would be a natural .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Welch said:

Or maybe it is time for a BCA Caravan Division .With all the intense in station wagons lately and the interest in the last generation Roadmaster wagons, it would be a natural .

I should actually clarify myself in this . I think, I have spent too much time in Ireland the last couple of years (if that is even possible) because in Ireland, trailers are referred to as caravans. Somehow it has a better sound to it than BCA trailer Divison or even worse, tailored division which would start all kinds of forum craziness 

• Haha 3

On 5/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, jscheib said:

Jack,

To retain emphasis on the Buicks, should it not be "trailering" Division.

John

John : this is all in jest. Just having a little fun on the forum. so much better than what I usually get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My Wife and I were at the 1977 BCA Nationals in Strongsville. I had my '39 Special, but it was semi-disassembled at the time. And like so many others whom take their car apart, I never did get it back together. Luckily, an employee of Brockport SUNY bought the project and finished it. So we did not arrive in a Buick. I entered the hotel gate in my red '71 Ford LTD convertible, top down, boot in place, and all shined up. Two members were directing arrivals and quickly told me only Buicks were allowed. I heard the other guy say "Looks better than some of the show cars".

The '39's were my focus and this is the only picture I have:

39Buicks.JPG.a1495af6f9bafa5d13897e624f4ff90e.JPG

Also, a vendor was there selling Skinned Knuckles Magazine. I subscribed and bought all the back issues. I read that every month for the rest of the century!

We traveled on to the Henry Ford Museum and then home. Her back is in too bad a shape for the trip, so I am planning to come alone.

Funny the things you remember. I am sure that Ohio desk clerk would be happy to see us married.

Any of you Ohio members remember us at the gate?

013.thumb.jpg.62ea6d9dc2a34cd48e7cfc3b1251c836.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

And like so many others whom take their car apart, I never did get it back together. 

52 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Really, I can't even begin to imagine that ever happening, shame on you.

Hate to admit it but it does happen...

IMG_4191.thumb.JPG.0868cc154b80387e360929ab891c9861.JPG

1 hour ago, Buick Regal GS said:

I was at this years Meet with our club members and  chairperson for next years meet . We were handing out these and  and info for next years meet. You can start registering for rooms after July 14-2019. Be sure to call there is a soccer tournament the same week in Strongsville.  Rooms are 109.00 plus tax  

Bugger...we really need to get Roy to add a line to our name tags with our forum moniker.  I wish we’d said hello...perhaps did without realizing who each other was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Strongsville Holiday Inn was the site of my very first Buick National - having lived 'just up the road' in Rocky River.  Many miles and many Buicks later, I am looking so forward to returning to my old stomping grounds!  

Hood Ornament  53.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Both my daughter and myself have tried to make reservations and the phone rings but never gets picked up.

daughter found a online registration site but it ask for the dates but would not allow you to enter them.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because I have procrastinated getting reservations in the Host Hotel I clicked on your link for the Super 8 next door just now.

Can someone confirm these reviews that are at the bottom of the Hotel website?

jpost2019

Trip type: Couples

not happy

Sep 17, 2019

room was outdated and had a dirty feel to in. staining on the walls carpet and bed spread. very small bathroom. and smelled of smoke. the hotel was also outdated need a lot of paint done on the outside it was chipping and peeling everywhere.

« less

baileygirl2017

Bailey, Colorado

1 only because I can't give 0

Sep 15, 2019

Filthy, sleezy, outdated, disgusting. Should be demolished it is just that bad. Had to ask for towels, breakfast was a joke, however I would never eat in a place this... more »

romorenen23

Trip type: Couples

Don't.

Sep 3, 2019

Our non-smoking room had cigarette burns in the bed sheets. Our room smelled completely foul. Everything was soiled and stained. I would highly recommend not staying at this property. We... more »

Not very encouraging....