BUICK RACER

2020 Buick Club National Meet - Strongsville, Ohio - July 15-19

Being in my back yard so to speak, I'm looking forward to attending this Meet! :)

They have a Steam Train ride close that is in a scenic valley which would be on my list to take in.

Waiting for info when available.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2018 at 10:59 AM, dei said:

Being in my back yard so to speak, I'm looking forward to attending this Meet! :)

They have a Steam Train ride close that is in a scenic valley which would be on my list to take in.

Waiting for info when available.

Just wondering where that train ride is. Life does not get much better than Buicks and steam trains.

Edited by Jack Welch
incorrect word (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Where will everyone park? ?

Steam train is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.  It's available for private rental.  Fair warning: the steam engine is a sometimes thing; it's usually pulled by a diesel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jack,

The train ride is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

https://www.cvsr.com/

i have not yet been on it personally but look forward to doing so. Check it out on their website or Google the history of the Valley itself. Lots of history and thankfully it was preserved.

Watching for more information on the Meet when it becomes available.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, dei said:

Jack,

The train ride is the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

https://www.cvsr.com/

i have not yet been on it personally but look forward to doing so. Check it out on their website or Google the history of the Valley itself. Lots of history and thankfully it was preserved.

Watching for more information on the Meet when it becomes available.

Thank You Del.

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to signing up / registering as soon as it's available! 

I think I'll have things sorted out with the Special by then.

Can't wait...

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Buick Regal GS said:

were working on it ,,getting tours worked out will,

Hope there is a lake front tour. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 3:58 PM, Jack Welch said:

Just wondering where that train ride is. Life does not get much better than Buicks and steam trains.

Unless it’s Buicks, Trains and Airstreams 😊 There are several farms in the area that offer boondock camping @Buick Regal GS Are y’all familiar with any of them. 

• Like 1

I think it would be fun to at "some" national meet have a call for members with Buicks and trailers, especially vintage trailers to group together and maybe do some caravaning after the meet.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nice logo 😄 ‘54 Buick for  54th Buick National, I like your way of thinking 

Any discussion about a possible Buick campground gathering and after show caravaning. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

On 3/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, MrEarl said:

I think it would be fun to at "some" national meet have a call for members with Buicks and trailers, especially vintage trailers to group together and maybe do some caravaning after the meet.

Or maybe it is time for a BCA Caravan Division .With all the intense in station wagons lately and the interest in the last generation Roadmaster wagons, it would be a natural .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Welch said:

Or maybe it is time for a BCA Caravan Division .With all the intense in station wagons lately and the interest in the last generation Roadmaster wagons, it would be a natural .

I should actually clarify myself in this . I think, I have spent too much time in Ireland the last couple of years (if that is even possible) because in Ireland, trailers are referred to as caravans. Somehow it has a better sound to it than BCA trailer Divison or even worse, tailored division which would start all kinds of forum craziness 

• Haha 2

Jack,

To retain emphasis on the Buicks, should it not be "trailering" Division.

John

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, jscheib said:

Jack,

To retain emphasis on the Buicks, should it not be "trailering" Division.

John

John : this is all in jest. Just having a little fun on the forum. so much better than what I usually get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to seeing details on this posted and host hotel info for booking.

• Like 1

My Wife and I were at the 1977 BCA Nationals in Strongsville. I had my '39 Special, but it was semi-disassembled at the time. And like so many others whom take their car apart, I never did get it back together. Luckily, an employee of Brockport SUNY bought the project and finished it. So we did not arrive in a Buick. I entered the hotel gate in my red '71 Ford LTD convertible, top down, boot in place, and all shined up. Two members were directing arrivals and quickly told me only Buicks were allowed. I heard the other guy say "Looks better than some of the show cars".

The '39's were my focus and this is the only picture I have:

39Buicks.JPG.a1495af6f9bafa5d13897e624f4ff90e.JPG

Also, a vendor was there selling Skinned Knuckles Magazine. I subscribed and bought all the back issues. I read that every month for the rest of the century!

We traveled on to the Henry Ford Museum and then home. Her back is in too bad a shape for the trip, so I am planning to come alone.

Funny the things you remember. I am sure that Ohio desk clerk would be happy to see us married.

Any of you Ohio members remember us at the gate?

013.thumb.jpg.62ea6d9dc2a34cd48e7cfc3b1251c836.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

And like so many others whom take their car apart, I never did get it back together. 

Really, I can't even begin to imagine that ever happening, shame on you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

And like so many others whom take their car apart, I never did get it back together. 

52 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Really, I can't even begin to imagine that ever happening, shame on you.

Hate to admit it but it does happen...

IMG_4191.thumb.JPG.0868cc154b80387e360929ab891c9861.JPG

I was at this years Meet with our club members and  chairperson for next years meet . We were handing out these and  and info for next years meet. You can start registering for rooms after July 14-2019. Be sure to call there is a soccer tournament the same week in Strongsville.  Rooms are 109.00 plus tax  

0611191634_Burst01.jpg

img293.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2