BUICK RACER

2019 Buick Club National Meet -Midwest City, Oklahoma, June 12-15, 2019

Well, one of my wagons is 60 this year...would be neat to have it there, although I wouldn’t drive it in its present condition (let’s see if I can get the extras done).  What to bring is always a question...well, that and how many.  Theoretically we could drive a convoy of five down, but that would get expensive.

• Like 3

This large room at the convention center is where the indoor swap meet vendors will be--large enough to have all vendors in one room, with larger than usual spaces.

Pete Phillips

IMG_0616.JPG

• Like 3

This is a "to whom it may concern" suggestion. Hopefully it will received in the positive spirit its proffered. In the package given to participants and as an anonymous method to compliment/constructively criticize their experience at the show, a survey to rate the experience. Imho this is a way to gain perspective from folks who might otherwise feel uncomfortable expressing their suggestions with a precondition that personal criticisms would not be considered. It might provide some new ideas for enhancing the experience.Thanx for taking the time to read and professionally consider this suggestion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

This is a "to whom it may concern" suggestion. Hopefully it will received in the positive spirit its proffered. In the package given to participants and as an anonymous method to compliment/constructively criticize their experience at the show, a survey to rate the experience. Imho this is a way to gain perspective from folks who might otherwise feel uncomfortable expressing their suggestions with a precondition that personal criticisms would not be considered. It might provide some new ideas for enhancing the experience.Thanx for taking the time to read and professionally consider this suggestion.

As current National Meet Chairman, we often operate in the dark when organizing National Meets. WE know what we as individual planning members would like to see and hope attendees feel the same way. I think you have made an outstanding suggestion here.I will bring this idea up to the Committee. I also would go a step further and add an optional place for name , email and / or address for those would like a response.

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, 2carb40 said:

Thanx much for responding. I appreciate open mindedness!

I have discussed your suggestion with the National Meet Committee members and all think it is a great idea. They will be handed out starting this year in Midwest City , when you pick up your registration packet. The Committee thanks you for your suggestion.

• Like 5

was there a price change in the hotels i got a reservation at the Hampton Inn and price they say is $124 per nite,,in the Bugle info on hotels say group rate is $119 ill try calling again tomorrow durring the day

When the registration form was first created, we thought the room rate was $119.  However, later we learned the rate was actually $124.  The registration form was incorrect.  The rooms are $124 per night.  We apologize for the misunderstanding.

well bought my air fare for Ok Buick meet haven't flown in 20 years bit nerves looking forword to going signed up for just one tour

• Like 5

Ack!

Sigh.  Here we are just beginning to thaw...It’s always a challenge getting ready for these earlier meets, especially when I don’t have a clear game plan.

Spending today and tonight in Midwest City working on plans for the meet. The parking lots are huge; all hotels are within walking distance of the convention center; outdoor swap meet will be on lower level of the parking garage. Get those registrations in now! I have to finalize the bus reservations this month, and I am going to cancel the tours that are not filling up because bus rental is expensive and I can't afford to rent a bus if only half of it fills up! REGISTER NOW, not at the last minute!

IMG_1697resized.jpg

IMG_1700resized.jpg

IMG_1696resized.jpg

IMG_1694resized.jpg

IMG_1693resized.jpg

IMG_1691resized.jpg

IMG_1702.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, MrEarl said:

Got a KOA space reserved in OKC then Sunday taking Route 66  for 4-5 hours on over to Amarillo to another campground and take in this. 

http://www.rvmuseum.net/

Anybody care to join us

@Ben Bruce aka First Born

Lamar, another auto related site just west of Amarillo on Rt 66 is "Cadillac Ranch", ten half buried Cadillacs(`49-`63)nose first..

1 hour ago, pont35cpe said:

Lamar, another auto related site just west of Amarillo on Rt 66 is "Cadillac Ranch", ten half buried Cadillacs(`49-`63)nose first..

Cool, been there with my son years ago, I'm sure Rita would be simply amazed by it though🤣...thanks

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Aerial view of Bud's Salvage (Thursday's optional bus tour). They have 4,500 cars, back to 1948.

C:\Users\Pete\Pictures\bud's salvage aerial photo.htm

Pete,

The address you show is to your C drive, pictures folder.