BUICK RACER

2019 Buick Club National Meet -Midwest City, Oklahoma, June 12-15, 2019

Something that I do not understand here and I sure hope that someone will step up and explain just what is going on.  I tried to make our reservations at the host hotel for the national meet next year and I was told that reservations could not be made more than 365 days in advance. Please advise as to just what is going on here.  I am reading about folks who say that they already have their rooms booked.  Tell me just how they did that?

Barbara S. Wiegand

27 minutes ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Something that I do not understand here and I sure hope that someone will step up and explain just what is going on.  I tried to make our reservations at the host hotel for the national meet next year and I was told that reservations could not be made more than 365 days in advance. Please advise as to just what is going on here.  I am reading about folks who say that they already have their rooms booked.  Tell me just how they did that?

Barbara S. Wiegand

What she said!

Ben

17 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Barbara S. Wiegand

You might point out to the hotel that it is less than 365 days in advance!  The meet is in June.  Perhaps the hotel was thinking that you said "July".

Guys,

I do not know what happened with the boss and the reservation.  All that I can say is that she had the July 2018 Bugle with the registration form in front of her and tried to make our reservation for June of 2019.  Don't know what happened, but, I suspect there was a mix-up on the other end.  She got it straightened out this morning and everything is good.  My other half is very good about these things and thorough too.

Terry Wiegand

Out in Hot Doo Dah

• Like 3

As of July 16, 2018, the host hotel (Sheraton) is within 5 rooms of being sold out for Friday night, June 14, 2019. They have plenty of rooms on the other nights. Additional hotels are less than or within a block away and their names and phone numbers are in the post just above this one. Same price, $119/night. Be sure to tell them you are with the Buick Club, so we get credit for filling the rooms and are not left hanging out to dry. Thanks.

Pete Phillips

Peter G just uploaded a 15-page brochure about the 2019 National Meet. The link is on the BCA homepage and can be printed out. The brochure gives details about tours, things to do in Midwest City (including restaurants) and also a map that shows how close all the hotels are to each other.

• Like 1

I was hoping there would be a state park or other campground for RV camping close by but am not finding anything. We plan to drive the  '79 Estate Wagon with our '74 Airstream Argosy in tow and hoped to meet up with other Buicks and vintage trailers. Pete, Cindy, do y'all know of anything "close by"?

Mr. Earl, if I recall correctly you are a Veteran right? Tinker AFB has a Campground that also has a RV park. You can stay there. Use those benefits you have earned, I know I do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pete or I will respond information when we hear back from Midwest City Tourism people, but a search on Google shows reviews of the RV campgrounds close to Midwest City. RedDawn is right - Tinker AFB for vets is very close and gets great reviews. Keep in mind that Del City and Midwest City are basically suburbs of Oklahoma City, so all three cities are close to each other.

Here is the online review of RV campsites:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/oklahoma/midwest-city

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Oklahoma in 2019.  Always too far from home for me.  #55

Well OKC is gonna be fun, but 2021 will be closer to you and your gonna wanna come... 41 Buicks will be featured...we are gonna shoot to have one of every model attend.

But 2019 first... Pete has an excellent event planned. I am very excited about this one. Everyone should really consider it as it is gonna be one you won't want to miss. If I can make sure it is reliable enough might bring the 38-87...

• Like 1

There is very little chance I will try to go to OKC because of age and the various health problems that go with that.  I rather doubt I'll even make the AACA Glidden Tour in the Charlotte area, but that might be doable.  I am considering selling the trailer at the beginning of 2019.

• Sad 1

On 8/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, 38Buick 80C said:

Well OKC is gonna be fun, but 2021 will be closer to you and your gonna wanna come... 41 Buicks will be featured...we are gonna shoot to have one of every model attend. 

That sounds interesting. I am planning to attend the Oklahoma City event, likely traveling in the '69 Electra, but it would be neat to bring my '41 McLaughlin Buick Roadmaster to the 2021 show, but where is that going to be? That would be a model not often seen anywhere.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 3

If you are planning to go on one of the driving tours at the 2019 national meet in Oklahoma, please note that there is a change in the schedule for the two driving tours. The Wed-Fri tours have been flip-flopped in order to take advantage of museum hours and also to make sure the Friday group is back in time for the Judges Training class. The Historic Guthrie Tour will now be on Wednesday, June 12 from 9:00-1:00. The Route 66 driving tour will be on Friday, June 14 from 8:30-2:30. The new registration form will reflect these changes and will be in the October Bugle.

2019 driving tours ad.jpg

2019 BCA Registration - Midwest City, OK - 10.jpg

• Like 3

Host hotel is sold out at this point; if you have not reserved a room yet, you will need to contact one of the overflow hotels. And there are lots of those, within walking distance (half a block or so).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, 1953mack said:

I'm not surprised a bit even with all that's going on,  but at the same time you kinda wonder how many of the rooms were blocked off for the VIP BCA folks and how many Buicks the NMC is anticipating. 

Come for the General Membership Meeting and fireworks . . . stay for the car show!  :rolleyes:

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edit: Their website indicates that there are 151 rooms total. No info on available parking stalls.

Wonder who the VIP BCA folks are.  I tried to make reservations a several weeks ago and nothing and I am a Marriott Platinum Elite lifetime member.  And I am on the board.  Guess I will be bunking somewhere else.  Let me know where some of the rest of you are and I will try there.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

On 9/1/2018 at 10:55 PM, Larry Schramm said:

Wonder who the VIP BCA folks are.

Larry...you are more than likely a VIP. Typically the national meet host reserve rooms in advance for the BOD, Chief Judge, etc. And they get notice of their conf number so they can adjust the dates as  they see fit. That's how it was the entire time I was on the BOD.