FS- 1929 Hupmobile sedan- partially restored-Estate Sale

mikewest

Im putting g this ad up for the widow of Dave Schaap Lakeville NY. He was an  avid  Hupmobile  owner / restorer .His last project never got finished before he passed. I am putting this out to the public to help get it sold. The chassis and all sheet metal has been restored and painted. The wood is like new . The wheels have been restored with new tires and tubes.  The interior is not installed but she has the material and original springs.  The motor has not been reinstalled. The asking price is $7500 .If you have any interest , I can get pictures. Mike  mawest729@gmail.com  585 738 1541  Thank you!

Guest Antonio Crivillé

Hi Mike, my sympathy of the widow of Dave Schaap. I have the pleasure to be the owner of a HUPMOBILE made in Detroid in 1928 and which arrived in Barcelona, Spain in 1929. I've had this car since 1960 and I restored it completely in 1995. I live near Barcelona (Spain) and my car has been working very well until recently. Unfortunately the engine cracked and since it's extremely dificult to find parts for such cars in my country or even in Europe, we've been trying to fix it several times by soldering it. The problem hasn't been solved and the only solution is to buy an entire engine. Since you are taking on behalf of the widow of an avid owner / restorer, maybe you could help me find what I need. If you have any idea, please email me at antonicrivilletapias@gmail.com This is a picture of the car, as you see it's in excellent state. Thank you very much!

hupp_antonio.PNG