Bedford Tires 700x19

scott12180

For sale ---

Four used Bedford Famous Coach tires, 700x19.

Tires have good tread left but are 30 years old.  An inexpensive and great looking set of tires for a car that you don't drive too much . . . . or your call.  

Brand new Bedfords are $250 each from Lucas.

This set is $250 for all four plus shipping.  Figure on $100 shipping but I will let you know the exact amount before you send a check. 

--Scott

dwyer12180@gmail.com

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

Two years ago I shipped 4 large tires by Greyhound from Seattle to Allentown , PA for $78. I taped two tires together , with tubes and flaps , making two packages , about 90# each. Nothing the least fragile , so I just wrapped clear shrink wrap around each pkg. The money saving procedure is explained on their website. Just follow it , and then print your own shipping label. Of course Greyhound is "Doghouse" to "Doghouse" , but the savings are substantial. They are also set up to pick up , and/or deliver , from , and/or to the customer. I don't know what that service would cost if needed. GLWS , Scott. Good looking tires and tread. I am one of the slowly growing set of car guys who prefer the businesslike look of blackwalls on attractive wheels on attractive cars. Never seen one turn into a brownwall either.     - Carl

4 hours ago, C Carl said:

Two years ago I shipped 4 large tires by Greyhound from Seattle to Allentown , PA for $78. I taped two tires together , with tubes and flaps , making two packages , about 90# each. Nothing the least fragile , so I just wrapped clear shrink wrap around each pkg. The money saving procedure is explained on their website. Just follow it , and then print your own shipping label. Of course Greyhound is "Doghouse" to "Doghouse" , but the savings are substantial. They are also set up to pick up , and/or deliver , from , and/or to the customer. I don't know what that service would cost if needed. GLWS , Scott. Good looking tires and tread. I am one of the slowly growing set of car guys who prefer the businesslike look of blackwalls on attractive wheels on attractive cars. Never seen one turn into a brownwall either.     - Carl

Two years  later, my good friend Carl, the Dirty Dog seems to have raised its prices substantially.  I'm selling four 35 x 5 tires to one of our members in OH.  The tires are 33 lbs each by actual measurement but I allowed 35 lbs including stretch wrap.  Using Greyhound's online calculator, four individual tires from Oakland CA to OH would cost $293; wrapping them as 2 packages of 2 tires each costs $221.  Distance is about the same as your shipment.  We're exploring other options....

Sorry to hear that , George. Certainly something I needed to know. I had made a gift of the tires to a member with a sick wife. I sure didn't need the rollers and would just have dumped them. So to make it a Christmas present with some real meaning to me , the shipment was my real gift to him ! Looks like the "Dog" might have been playing Santa too ! The young gentleman down at the "Kennell" was also infused with Christmas spirit. He actually took the time to do the calculation for me , and print my label for me too ! Gave me the entire then steep discount. Under current conditions , is the 'Hound" still significantly cheaper than UPS , or FEDEX ?      

"MERRY CHRISTMAS , GEORGE" , greeted everyone to Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life" after he had learned a lesson. "I.a.W.L."  trivia : At George's friendly neighborhood bar , the bar where nobody knew his name while trying to bum drinks with still wingless Clarence : just who is the piano player ? You know ; the rotund gent in plaid shirt and slacks , with braces ? Playing some bizarre repetitive boogie/ragtime hybrid with complex dissonance ? That's all right. I have asked every blues and piano type I meet , none have known yet. I am a lifetime member of the Puget Sound Traditional Jazz Society , and nobody there knew either. So don't feel distraught if you didn't immediately know. F.Y.I. , that is none other than Meade Lux Lewis ! He , along with his Chicago childhood friend Albert Ammons and Pete Johnson out of Kansas City , formed the "Boogie Woogie Trio" of "Cafe Society" in New York City fame. I would have loved to have made that scene ! I picture the enthusiastic patrons and fur clad patronesses being delivered to the popular venue in every possible huge pre-war luxury car pulled out of the basement garages of their expensive apartments and penthouses. Now that I am back on an AACA relative topic , I somehow seem to remember Lux Lewis died in an automobile accident in his "Antique" Cadillac , IIRC. Minneapolis , back in the '60s. Missed the " 'Trio" , but I got to meet and hear Clifford  Jackson in 1965 , in N.Y.C. He was one of the finest Stride piano players ever. Had a mighty left hand. I had stopped over while delivering a '52 XK120 I had worked on from Seattle to D.C. Took a short drive North and made a U-turn when a gaggle of great old cars caught my attention on the left. Turned out to be David Tunick. Among the treasures out in the Fall air was a type 51 Bugatti. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS , GEORGE , AND ALL ! Whether you are content in Bedford Falls , or in hock in Pottersville !   - Carl

Carl, bless you for your gift of the rollers.  Mine are considerably better than rollers, as two of the four look like spares that had never seen the road.  He's exploring the discounts offered by FedEx to account holders.

As to Capra's tour de force. I always look forward to seeing it again to find some additional subtle or not-so-subtle elements that I have missed over the years.  On the other hand, I've found that many (not all) young people cannot get past the fantasy elements of the movie to the underlying Great Human Truths therein, just as I have great difficulty getting past the sci-fi elements of the movies they enjoy--undoubtedly the Geezer Factor on my part.

Let me take this opportunity to wish all forum members and their families, and especially Carl, a happy, healthy and reflective Christmas and Hanukkah season.

• 2 weeks later...