1930 7-45 sedan. Only one known?

West Peterson

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rcr said:

'Don't be a luddy-duddy! Don't be a mooncalf! Don't be a jabbernowl! You're not those, are you?'  I have a Black seven passenger  original 833, perhaps it is this one that the "ex perts" remember. 

Godfrey Daniels, W.C. would be proud!  Mother of pearl.......

Nice to see these cars coming out of hiding, so to speak.  In reality, there are very few "one of a kind" cars, regardless of what many owners think.  This is a big country, and there are still cars hiding out there collecting dust......

• Like 1

As Trimacar stated, "This is a big country, and there are still cars hiding out there collecting dust......"  A perfect example that I just saw this AM on the Packard Club website under Packard vehicles for sale is a 1928 443 Series Packard Club Sedan, non running, but in great condition for only $20K, covered in dust, but appearing to be in good condition.  So, yes, they are out there!

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:33 PM, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

There is a dark blue 30 745 4 window Club Sedan floating around but this car is a 6 window. What makes the owner think it's the only example left? Oh it is an outstanding survivor for sure! Here is my unrestored original including the original paint 31 826 model. It's been in my family since the early 60s.

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

A good cleaning and a coat of polish and wax will help keep that original paint in good condition. Leaving an original car dirty like that is not a good idea. the dirt attracts moisture and that can cause surface damage and rust. Especially where 85 plus year old paint is concerned. Not being critical just don't want to see a great car damaged.