Introduction and question; Graham 1937 supercharger

Guest Agustín de Pazos

Guest Agustín de Pazos

Good afternoon,

I'll present myself. My name is Agustín, I'm from Uruguay. For my 19th birthday I bought a Graham 1937 supercharger.

The restoration process is going great, but when I removed the roof's upholstery I saw that the car has a structure in 

the roof like if it used to have a sunroof. When I inspected the roof from the outside, it can be seen a square mark in the

roof that matches the structure from the inside. My question is, is it possible that this car model came with a factory

sunroof or is it a custom-made thing by the previous owner? In this maquette, a black square can be seen in the roof,

like if it has a ragtop. This square matches exactly the mark in my car.

Thank you very much for your answers. If you need photos for some research, I can post some.

Agustín.

Guest Agustín de Pazos

I forgot to post the picture, my bad. 

Resultado de imagen para graham paige brooklin 1937

They are called "Graham Paige Brooklin", which is a brand to up to scale maquettes.

G'day Augustin,

Referring to the photo of the model of the Graham, the fabric roof  insert is not a sunroof. Most/many cars of that era had a fabric insert in the roof because of the technology available. It was only about that time that steel pressings of roofs were being formed "complete". Some manufacturers taking up this technology before others but probably all had full metal roofs by 1940. If I'm wrong someone will be sure to set me straight!

• 2 weeks later...