AACA Senior Award ?

Dave Phillips

Hi,

I recently purchased a 1929 Chrysler 65 Coupe from the Chicago area. ( I imported the car into the U.K.) I don’t have any history on the car other than the Fedco no. The only thing that may identify it is the AACA Senior Award badge on the front of the radiator. I’ve read a few threads on this subject, I think mine is too early to have serial no. on the back (it doesn’t). All I know is the Senior bit is a separate badge to the AACA bit. What sort of award would this be for, I’m not familiar with the system used.

Is there anyone that can help with any information? Here are a couple of pictures that may help.

badge.jpg

50BFD048-E426-41D0-B9AC-CB58FF138EA6.thumb.jpeg.d154b299a77908fa33c0d0cf8a79723c.jpeg

Great car. It won a National First Prize in 1980 (called a First Junior). Subsequently it competed for a Senior Award and won that award. Two of these three cars(winners from 1980) also won a Preservation Award. 

The best way to understand our system is to read our Judges Guidelines which can be found on our home page.

There were three Chryslers that won in 1980 so more info would help, such as serial number.

• Like 1

Hi,

The chassis No./FedcoNo. is LE777W, that is the only original info that I’ve got.

Please see attached picture, I’m in the process of a full repaint and interior refurb, the paint looked OK from a distance but 40 years hadn’t done it any favours.

Thanks for any information.

D1C3FDBE-7AC4-45FD-8ACB-3C775FA1F36E.thumb.jpeg.15b3f6993b6d0219489c3a74d9d89833.jpeg