kdancy

Buick straight 8 and trans for sale

This is located in Jacksonville Fla. The owner passed away and parts will go to the scrap yard if not sold. The owner had a couple of pre-war buicks and bought this just in case he ever needed another motor. This engine was bought as a running motor, I was told. It has been stored inside on an engine roller.

Ralph Lake is the contact person. (904) 434-7378

DSCN5347.JPG

DSCN5348.JPG

DSCN5349.JPG

DSCN5350.JPG

DSCN5351.JPG

DSCN5352.JPG

Price and maybe some engine serial numbers please. 

• Like 1

This is a pre '48 248 engine.  Not valuable, money wise, yet worth way more than scrap price. If the exhaust manifold is not cracked, someone needs/wants it.

The serial number should be just in front of the distributor. 

Someone needs the transmission, even though it is the small one.

Worth saving for some of you folks in that part of the world.

Ben

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

This is a pre '48 248 engine.

With a stepped intake manifold & column change transmission its 1939 or later

• Thanks 1

If it was within 400 miles of N. Texas, it would be in my garage by now. They aren't making these anymore, and here's a complete one. And you get a transmission and clutch, to boot!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Price and maybe some engine serial numbers please. 

I'd grab that.  I don't need it but would hate to see it scrapped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kgreen said:

I'd grab that.  I don't need it but would hate to see it scrapped.

6 hours down, couple to BS and load and 6 back would make for a long but good day trip. These things with the tranny attached are heavy and cumbersome to lift and move. I guess I could park it next to the spare that came with the '38. If no one else is interested I may call and see what he wants for it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

6 hours down, couple to BS and load and 6 back would make for a long but good day trip. These things with the tranny attached are heavy and cumbersome to lift and move. I guess I could park it next to the spare that came with the '38. If no one else is interested I may call and see what he wants for it. 

I'm ready

• Like 1

More fun than a barrel of monkeys. Buick  inline 8 powered speedster.

1922-buick-roadster-ratrod-by-warped-mind-customs-custom-cars-for-sale-2015-03-12-1.jpg.253961f821dd475bb27bae3cbb8d59a1.jpg

• Like 7

Had a very pleasant conversation with Mr. Lake, the gentleman who purchased this engine, a '39 Special shell on chassis and a big lot of what he thinks are mostly '39 parts. He purchased it from the estate of a guy who owned 2-3 '39's. He is pursuing the purchase of another '39 that was running when parked several years ago from the same estate. Mr Lake, who is in his late 70's owns several Hudsons and has no real interest in the Buick parts and wishes to see them and the cars go to good homes. He is not at all familiar with going prices but appears to be willing to negotiate. He would like to sell it all as a big lot. I personally am not interested in the engine nor the parts but hopefully someone here can take advantage of this offering. He said he would be getting the engine serial # on Wednesday and I told him I would post it here for him. 

• Like 2

Mr. Lake said he would take $400 for the engine. The engine serial # is 43735981  which verifies it is a '39 Special engine.

• Like 1