AACA National Winter Meet - 2018

Bob47

I have heard the AACA Winter Meet which was to be held in Puerto Rico has been canceled, for obvious reasons, and has been relocated to Mobile Alabama on March 22-24, 2018.  So far it does not appear on the Meet Information or Calendar of Events pages of the National website and I was wondering if what I heard is true.

Guest Mark McAlpine

Marion & I already booked our room at the host hotel.  This should be a great event.  Kudos and thanks to the Deep South Region for stepping up on short notice and taking on the challenge of hosting the 2018 National Winter Meet!  We're disappointed the Puerto Rico Meet had to be cancelled, but and are thinking about & praying for everyone in Puerto Rico and look forward to attending a meet there after they've recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

What hotel is going to be the host hotel? I have not seen any information posted yet about this meet so if anyone has some preliminary information it would be appreciated. I realize the host club is probably running at full speed to get everything finalized considering the short timing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Susan and I have already notified our son to expect visitors.  He lives near Mobile and is looking forward to being there with us.  Glad to see the local Region tackle this, they are a great club and I know it'll be a fun weekend.Had the chance to meet some of the members at Philly and they are very enthusiastic. 

Terry

• Like 1

I am looking forward to seeing Mobile.  and the Missouri battleship too. 

Anyone needing a room mate, I might be able to share a room. Wednesday through Saturday. 

i not planning on renting a car, so i be looking for carpool to the Missouri Battleship Thursday morning. 

• Like 1

The Deadline has been extended to March 7th,

so in case you didn't get yours postmarked yet,

there is still time -

and please consider supporting our DEEP SOUTH REGION,

these folks stepped up with an extremely short timeframe

after it became necessary to cancel the meet in Puerto Rico

• Like 1