Looking for bumper bolts

cobravii

Many bumper bolts of that era had exposed, rounded heads with the threads being behind the bumper to hold it to the frame brackets.  Many bolts of this type had a capped head over the basic rounded head, for many years.  More "universal in nature", except possibly for the radius of the curve on the cap . . . some flatter than others, I believe.  Some "normal" bumper bolts will have a plated top rather than capped, but this will be obvious.  All had a square "below the cap" section to index with the square hole in the bumper.  Most were the same size, as I recall.

GM probably had a specific part number on them, but it probably fit many other vehicles, too.

NTX5467

He's not asking about the chrome topped bolts that most car manufacturers used in that era.  He is asking about hidden bolts that slide into a slot on the backside of the bumper.  They didn't go through the bumper.  The "T" shape allowed the bolt to slide in the slot on the back of the bumper.  I have seen them but I can't remember which car used them.  I'm thinking they were used on the front bumper of the '64-65 Skylark/Special.  I also restored a '69 Riviera so that might be the car I am thinking of. Sorry. I don't know where you could get them but I hope this narrows your search.

12 hours ago, cobravii said:

I am looking for bumper bolts for the front and rear of my '64 Buick Electra. Does anyone have a line on where I can buy them? They are hidden bolts and have  kind of T shaped head.

Check McMaster-Carr. T head bolts........................Bob

• 4 months later...