Can you identify these items? (More will be added)

victorialynn2

That grill/shell is hot rod gold. I can not speak for the restoration side of the world, as to what it is worth for a restoration. My guess is just as much. 32 Fords are it, when it comes to hot rods. Stuff like that is best to let the market decide. Indaina Jones will sneak in there and swap that out for a bag of sand when you are not looking. Take that back home to OR with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Repro shells and grills are $300 or so.

Really nice Originals bring over $1000.  If it were mine, I'd ask a minimum of 1200.....I'm no expert, though, so use your own judgement....one shell recently sold for about 2500, but it was a rare early one, not like yours....

good luck with selling everything....

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, 1912Staver said:

Your yellow wheels are not early truck. Way too light duty. Probably some sort of small walk behind garden tractor.

Greg in Canada

Disagree.  Looks like a perfect match and my '15 truck has 34 x 4 tires.  All Buick trucks of the teens and 20's had pneumatic tires.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Disagree.  Looks like a perfect match and my '15 truck has 34 x 4 tires.  All Buick trucks of the teens and 20's had pneumatic tires.

Hi Larry, the tire size is a match . However I have not seen any teens or twenties vehicles with cast aluminum, drop center style wheels.  They definitely look post war and non-automotive to me.

Greg 

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

Hi Larry, the tire size is a match . However I have not seen any teens or twenties vehicles with cast aluminum, drop center style wheels.  They definitely look post war and non-automotive to me.

Greg 

Wood spoked wheels were gone for the most part by the mid 30's.  If you look at the truck which I believe is a 1917 International Model F and the wheels they both have 10 bolts to hold the tire to the wheel.  I say that is a match.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Wood spoked wheels were gone for the most part by the mid 30's.  If you look at the truck which I believe is a 1917 International Model F and the wheels they both have 10 bolts to hold the tire to the wheel.  I say that is a match.

Hi Larry, the wheels on the pictured International look like Firestone truck series rims.  They are almost always 24" rims. They always have at least one removable side ring, in order to mount and dismount the tire. And the bolts you see are for the rim clamps that put pressure on the outer wedge ring that in turn holds the rim on to the fellow band.  The truck rims are quite heavy duty, even on a realitively small truck like this International.  They are very similar in concept to Firestone type A and type B wheel hardware for teens automobiles , just a heavier duty version.   Greg

Firestone_QDB.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, trimacar said:

Repro shells and grills are $300 or so.

Really nice Originals bring over $1000.  If it were mine, I'd ask a minimum of 1200.....I'm no expert, though, so use your own judgement....one shell recently sold for about 2500, but it was a rare early one, not like yours....

good luck with selling everything....

1932 Ford CAR Grille shells do bring good money, the one in the above photo is a TRUCK shell, bars and shell are one piece. They are making reproductions of the truck shells, note the weld repairs on the bars at the bottom. It won't bring stupid money. Bob 

On 12/5/2017 at 6:11 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

That grill/shell is hot rod gold. I can not speak for the restoration side of the world, as to what it is worth for a restoration. My guess is just as much. 32 Fords are it, when it comes to hot rods. Stuff like that is best to let the market decide. Indaina Jones will sneak in there and swap that out for a bag of sand when you are not looking. Take that back home to OR with you.

I found out the hard way.. I scraped this part doing a clean up.. I got rid of 4 of them.. I bought two of ebay for 200.00.

Just to have them. I just felt bad.. I did not know what it was?

Bolts and  Little items may have value..

Copy of kaiser part9.JPG

11 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

1932 Ford CAR Grille shells do bring good money, the one in the above photo is a TRUCK shell, bars and shell are one piece. They are making reproductions of the truck shells, note the weld repairs on the bars at the bottom. It won't bring stupid money. Bob 

Excellent, I'm glad someone with more knowledge chimed in....so it sounds like my valuation is way off, sorry......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, intimeold said:

Yes, That bar looking tool, is a Ford Flathead V-8 engine valve spring compressor

intimeold 

Kinda what I was thinking with those indentations around the "U" shape.

• Thanks 1