Can you identify these items? (More will be added)

victorialynn2

On 11/26/2017 at 9:24 AM, auburnseeker said:

The wrapped up wheel moldings under the red Grille may have some value as well.  IF you could find a part number and maker on the packaging, we might be able to figure out what they are for. 

Here are more pics on the ford trim. 

6B1D432B-B310-4E82-BB49-B1539AFBD4DB.jpeg

448D858A-AF44-4786-85C6-7261B0CEB3CB.jpeg

6B6A9FB0-1924-4D12-907F-C053A2DC79E7.jpeg

978D24AD-798D-478B-8607-ADB53DDFCE7C.jpeg

E5FDB013-5665-411E-B3B6-D3ED222A047B.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

On 11/25/2017 at 9:02 PM, Gunsmoke said:

My suggestion, put your bottom line (let's say $2500-$3000) for everything there is and seek someone ready to take everything and let them decide whether to market the stuff or keep some of it. Auctions usually only payoff to the Auction company. Selling one or 2 pieces at a time will take years. 

I have done that twice with my own stuff. And way too many times at someone else's place. I gave away a 1929 Buick doodle bug that I sold a few parts off over the summer, happy to see it go. And I have been making a trip from the garage with a trash bag full each Tuesday for the house pick up.

For the past three years I have moved quite a bit of stuff on Ebay. I count the item selling price and shipping as the total sale. I deduct fees, shipping, and any other costs and lay it all on a spreadsheet. The cost to sell averages about 35%. And it is not anything I would call "Fun" anymore.

My Father was raised by his Grandfather. I got a shed full of sentiment that my Father saved from his grandfather, plus what he saved. Then I added that to the load of stuff I saved. Most of theirs is gone and mine is going. The sentiment was not as strong as I had perceived. I still have good memories of both of them and the memories are, actually, much more enjoyable than all the stuff they saved.

When you come right down to it, the stuff was worth it's weight in short steel. Don't miss theirs, don't miss mine.

Last week I threw away a few books, hard cover ones!

Bernie

• Like 1

That's a 73 Ford Possibly newer as well without running the number,  truck wheel well molding.  I didn't but running the whole number on the web,  should yield the exact application.  If you have the whole set and they are in nice shape with no dents or damage to the annodizing, then they should be worth no less than 100.00 maybe more.  I do alot of ebay though,  so something like that usually sells well that way,  but on craigslist,  maybe not so much.  

I fortunately still have my Dad, 

but had to clean out my Grandfather's boat shop when he passed.  I only went there a couple of times and after a short time it was rough to hold back the emotion.  

The smells from the wood and smoke from the woodstove blended to make a very unique smell.

I almost teared up when I found something cleaning my own shop out a few years later to move here that was his that was sealed up.  An old jar with some screws and sawdust i think it was.  Smelt just like his shop when i opened it.  Made you want to savor it like smelling a fine food or something.  I closed it back up very quickly.  Hope it's still there when I finally move everything into place in the new shop and find it again. 

• Like 1

@auburnseeker thanks for sharing that. I have friends that do not understand why it’s so hard to clear out my fathers garage. It’s been very emotional and I can only handle so much at once. I try to keep a business frame of mind, but at times it’s hard. One example is when I came across the deposit receipt for his ‘58 Corvette. It still is my all time favorite car and had a lot of sentimental value because my father let me drive it in parades and shows. It was something we shared a passion for when he had it. The receipt also had my name on it. I was 5 when he bought it. It was in his will I found out as an adult that I would get it should anything have happened to him when I was younger. He eluded to that when i was a teen. He sold it on my 18th birthday. 

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

Do you see a transmission under the Jeepster here?

03E4307B-0503-45CE-8768-C31A32A14398.jpeg

868F6FE2-7B7B-4AF9-B63D-C1BB0F282E11.jpeg

89FEEC5F-15DB-4A02-8EA6-AEAB70279BB4.jpeg

If you are planning to sell the Jeepster, consider throwing in the transmission for an extra $50.00-$100. If that is a Jeepster transmission it won't bring much on it's own. Zeke

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2017 at 9:23 AM, auburnseeker said:

The red Grille shell in the picture is 32 Ford.  It almost looks fiberglass.  If so,  not alot of value $20-$40 at a garage sale.  If it's steel that's a whole different game. 

5DD71F84-8FB3-43B5-BCA9-A0304E5C21C1.jpeg

This is a 32 Ford Grille Shell as well.  IF that's an original complete shell in what looks like very nice condition with no rot.  It could bring $1000.

The very least would be $500 but that would be very low. 

EB148D16-A17B-4BAF-94CC-1B0DBE34148F.jpeg

This is a 57 Olds spinner and Standard cap as well as the 57 FOrd Caps. 

2D488B9F-2F4E-4ADF-B69A-C2072AD1D7E4.jpegIn the edge of this photos there is what looks like a 3 leg puller for pulling rear brake drums on 30's-50's Mopars and I think late 40's early 50's MErcury and I think other Ford cars.  It's the one with the ends that have been beat on by a hammer.  It looks like the legs may be off it and paying under it.  It will be important to find all 3 if they aren't with it.  These are desirable.  There is always someone looking to buy one. 

FFC72236-C3BA-4F96-9D01-BDC9D100FA9B.jpeg

This? Value? Thank you!

6F16379B-0F81-445F-9C9C-4A4180219DB6.jpeg

I dont know what it is worth, but it is a puller for talking rear brake drums off of vehicles that have tapered rear axles. Pre-65 Mopars, some AMC maybe as new as 1970?, Hudsons, Studebakers, Jeeps etc....

A really handy thing to have laying around IMHO.

reardrum3.jpg

tf20101009-07.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

VL2,

So far I haven't seen anything that I would tell you to just throw away.  But, you have your work cut out for you figuring out how to ID  & price everything. I would recommend, as others already have said, spend some time on the internet looking for comparable sales, just google the item if you can read the brand name, etc. Also, Craigslist, ebay completed auctions will be helpful. The tools should be easy, the ignition parts in the cabinet would go as one unit for several hundred dollars.  The fuel pumps won't be ethanol tolerant so they will have value as cores.  Brake shoes are inexpensive so make a pile and hope for some one to make an offer.  The old ones will have asbestos in them.  The alternators you showed us would have core value unless they could be tested, probably too much trouble though. 

And, if you could find a way to number the photos it would make things easier for us to help you.  If you have a windows computer you can use Paint to add a text box on the JPG image.

I hope this is helpful for you.  I know it's a difficult task with lots of heart ache involved but you seem to be a strong and focused individual.  Please know we are all here to help as best we can.

Wes Paro in VT

• Like 1

Surprisingly the Used Corvair parts don't have alot of value.  NOS corvair parts can bring good money. When you get a chance check the black and yellow GM box in this photos and see what's in it. 

D4823AC9-9183-48B0-809F-CB9403164733.jpeg

I have never had much luck selling used Corvair parts, even on ebay,  unless they were really cherry.  That;s with starting stuff at $3-$10 with no reserve. 

The red intake in the Photo is Flathead Ford. 

The mirror in the accessory box,  looks like the take off mirror that was broken and probably has little value. 

What I did when I sold my shop was made a big pile of stuff as a lot.  THen I took the best stuff I really wanted to sell myself and let the rest go for whatever I could get.  I sold it for $1000 a load.  

This is what they looked like,  but there was even more added before the guy picked it up.   Most of it, 90-95 percent was NOS.  

I was happy to get out from under the stuff.  

The puller, my gut instinct was $50.  I looked on ebay and there is a Vintage Blue Point (usually good quality and a subsidiary of SnapOn) but it now for $60.  

They are priceless if you need one.  

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

• Like 1

I see cabinets like the Echlin one for sale at shows occasionally.   The cabinets empty are worth $50-$100 usually unless they are older or more graphic.  THe content is probably worth another 100-200 as a lot.  So $300 for the thing full wouldn't be a bad starting point.   Most the parts inside look to be 60's or older by the packaging.  Newer parts would have lower value. 

I wish I was closer I would love to come by and make a pile to make an offer on as well as help point out stuff I know so you atleast know what it is.  It's much easier to find a value if you have an idea what it might be. 

• Like 1

I wish I was close to help you out as well. Some stuff has value, some is not worth dealing with. I have seen people try to sell stuff with the property. But you would know about that with your job. The valuable stuff might have more value back up by Portland. Not fun dealing with stuff like that, I have had friends pass, and leave a ton of car stuff for people to deal with. Some pizza/beer, and a hand full of people from this forum. And we could have that wrapped up in a long day. I wish I could do more to help you out. Hang in there, just do a section at a time. Break it up into smaller jobs, instead of one big one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Some pizza/beer, and a hand full of people from this forum. And we could have that wrapped up in a long day.

If only we were all twenty somethings we'd make it down in a couple of days  ... nothing like a road trip.  Unfortunately it takes some of us that long to pack up our meds and other things necessary for what we now consider a long trip. Plus planning, etc. I remember packing the family in the car and taking off on a 300 mile camping/fishing trip after work on Friday with a $20 bill and a gas credit card and setting up our tent at 2 in the morning by the side of a stream ..... the will is still there - the ability isn't ....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I wish I was close to help you out as well. Some stuff has value, some is not worth dealing with. I have seen people try to sell stuff with the property. But you would know about that with your job. The valuable stuff might have more value back up by Portland. Not fun dealing with stuff like that, I have had friends pass, and leave a ton of car stuff for people to deal with. Some pizza/beer, and a hand full of people from this forum. And we could have that wrapped up in a long day. I wish I could do more to help you out. Hang in there, just do a section at a time. Break it up into smaller jobs, instead of one big one. 

Thanks Xander. I don’t have any room left in Oregon, and it’s no fun being in the middle of nowhere away from family. I’m just going to keep plugging away. 

18 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

For the past three years I have moved quite a bit of stuff on Ebay. I count the item selling price and shipping as the total sale. I deduct fees, shipping, and any other costs and lay it all on a spreadsheet. The cost to sell averages about 35%. And it is not anything I would call "Fun" anymore.

Bernie

That is why I stopped selling on eBay. Too big of a cut with minimal net for the work involved.   Especially  because  "And it is not anything I would call "Fun" anymore".

I still do ebay but right now especially running 30 auctions every night,  takes the fun out of it for sure.   (hopefully I can drop back to 20 or less a night when this garage project gets up)  My budget is rapidly depleting so I need to make some extra money to cover the overruns. 

I'm pretty sure I sell alot more items now for alot less money, then comes the bigger cut for the Man. 

Not to Hijack the thread, but did anyone notice especially with newer parts,  they are now posting what others are selling for at the bottom,  so unless you are cheap price wise with yours, don't expect the item to get bid high as they steer customers to a cheaper seller right away like Amazon.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I still do ebay but right now especially running 30 auctions every night,  takes the fun out of it for sure.   (hopefully I can drop back to 20 or less a night when this garage project gets up)  My budget is rapidly depleting so I need to make some extra money to cover the overruns. 

I'm pretty sure I sell alot more items now for alot less money, then comes the bigger cut for the Man. 

Not to Hijack the thread, but did anyone notice especially with newer parts,  they are now posting what others are selling for at the bottom,  so unless you are cheap price wise with yours, don't expect the item to get bid high as they steer customers to a cheaper seller right away like Amazon.  

When I shop these sites, I factor in shipping and the sellers feedback. Both the ratings and how many they have. I tend to trust sellers that have a lot of sales with good feedback only, even if a little more. I’m not sure all shoppers are that way though. 

Have you noticed fewer fewer sales or a reduction in profit since that started?

Most of my stuff is older so it doesn't pick it up yet.  I wonder if I leave the part number block empty or put in a bogus one if it wouldn't pick up the other newer NOS  items because it doesn't have a way to compare / filter them. 

I haven't noticed a difference as ebay is so finicky anyways.  One item is 100.00 this week then you can't sell it for 5.00  next.  

I've especially noticed the swings since I have been selling alot of literature. 

I might sell more now because I start everything really cheap,  often at a loss and hope for a good run.  I'm sure it will affect high bidding in some way eventually. 

Time will tell and I'm sure ebay will find some new way to milk a little more money out of us to be the top of the bottom of the heap. 

Hi Vic' ,

Dad died early 1995 just short of his 80th birthday. Mom reached 92 almost 5 years ago. They had both re-married , and each survived their second spouses. My two brothers and I were able to devote huge amounts of time to helping them , as our family was not scattered. They both significantly downsized while still able to do so. Still , it was emotionally difficult , and eventually impossible to sift through their lives. At that point , a facilitator was called in. You will recognize if or when that time comes. If the remains are viable for someone to take over , or if a one time price for what is left can be arranged , take it and don't hurt yourself anymore. Go out in the sunshine. Take time to look at the trees and flowers. Listen to and watch the birds , insects , lizards and animals. Feel the breeze. Be proud of yourself for a job well done. Be thankful for the family and friends both old and new , which you are fortunate to have. You see yourself as the self you have known almost all your life. We on the forum see you as a remarkably strong , admirably devoted , fast learner , highly capable person who can do so many things. Hang in there until you feel it is time not to do so. As I say , you and only you will know when that will be. 

Could you you look at the tires shown in response #52 and give us the size ? Those tires could be worthwhile to deal with , particularly if the rims have some applicable purpose.   Another forum friend ,  - Cadillac Carl 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, C Carl said:

Could you you look at the tires shown in response #52 and give us the size ? Those tires could be worthwhile to deal with , particularly if the rims have some applicable purpose.   Another forum friend ,  - Cadillac Carl 

They are 4.00-18. They are 10 on a 16.25 bc. What can you tell me about them? They are hard as a rock and Goodyear’s. I’m going to guess by where they were and the look that they could be for a model T? Rims are aluminum also. 

00501C54-23A7-4E76-97B1-851D03C37305.jpeg

Just a heads up that I listed the 79 Lincoln on ebay with a link in "cars for sale" here.

Also posted the flatheads, teardrop trailer and 1950's stepside short bed in one listing under "parts for sale" here. 

Thank you everyone for all the info you provided in this thread! ~Victoria

In the photo of the starter motors: What is the one on the left? What's the make and outside diameter?

I am looking for a large Leece-Neville 12 volt that mounts in a bracket using bands  The starter needs to be 6" diameter.

The bendix will stick out behind the ring gear and pull into to engage - as the photo below shows.

DSC03605a.thumb.jpg.6ddd0d2a01b40eedbf1bab8f2b24f123.jpg

1 hour ago, Terry Harper said:

In the photo of the starter motors: What is the one on the left? What's the make and outside diameter?

I am looking for a large Leece-Neville 12 volt that mounts in a bracket using bands  The starter needs to be 6" diameter.

The bendix will stick out behind the ring gear and pull into to engage - as the photo below shows.

DSC03605a.thumb.jpg.6ddd0d2a01b40eedbf1bab8f2b24f123.jpg

I don’t know what you mean. I posted a pic of a starter motor?

I will show this to my mechanic and we will look tomorrow. Thank you. 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:23 AM, auburnseeker said:

The red Grille shell in the picture is 32 Ford.  It almost looks fiberglass.  If so,  not alot of value $20-$40 at a garage sale.  If it's steel that's a whole different game. 

5DD71F84-8FB3-43B5-BCA9-A0304E5C21C1.jpeg

This is a 32 Ford Grille Shell as well.  IF that's an original complete shell in what looks like very nice condition with no rot.  It could bring $1000.

The very least would be $500 but that would be very low. 

EB148D16-A17B-4BAF-94CC-1B0DBE34148F.jpeg

This is a 57 Olds spinner and Standard cap as well as the 57 FOrd Caps. 

@auburnseeker Here are more pics of the grill. I have someone Who is interested  right now so what do you think for a price? It is original, It looks good, just a little paint flaking on the bottom. 

8F36A227-D19A-4EBA-A739-B2EB96779A28.jpeg

1D108D7D-3BCD-4A92-B50A-49769C444603.jpeg

9C5091CA-52F2-41FD-AFFC-6D0C1BAAFDF2.jpeg