1979 Buick Estate Wagon Limited - Southern Belle

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

That my friend is a Buick fan. You upgraded. Sweated the HP. Worked on everything that could leave you roadside waiting on a tow truck. End result? She performed admirably. Enjoy the adventure. Enjoy the time with the missus. Enjoy this long roof. One of the plusher rides GM produced ever. Beautiful ride all day. 

Chris, you don't know how much this means to me, that someone sees, understands and appreciates not only this wagon but also my seemingly endless pursuit of getting it to the point of being reliable and as you very well put it so that it wouldn't leave my Rita and me on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck. You obviously have followed my thread closely. We both love this car and will always hold dear in our hearts our good times spent motoring about the southeast in it pulling our "home on wheels" as you put it. Indeed a "Beautiful Ride All Day"  Thank you!

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 2/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, MrEarl said:

Thanks @Pete Phillips and Shannon Olson. Was a pleasure as always working with you on the article.

https://issuu.com/buickclub/docs/march2021bugle?fr=sMzFlZTc3NTc5NA

image.png.503aa5d71d79e4879d0405c1c0c2001d.png

I love it! I followed closely as you worked on your wagon and all that hard work paid off. I really enjoyed the Bugle article about your adventurers in the Southern Belle.

42 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I love it! I followed closely as you worked on your wagon and all that hard work paid off. I really enjoyed the Bugle article about your adventurers in the Southern Belle.

Thanks Ronnie. And the good part is, the adventures have just begun

• Like 3

@MrEarl You were lucky to get such a great shot of your wagon on the bridge at Bald River falls.  I've tried several times to get a good photo of my Reatta on that bridge and there is always either someone standing in the way or a car coming. I've not given up. I'll be trying again this year. i love all the places you traveled, including Bald River falls, and I go there often.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...