A few NOS Chevy hubcaps, trunk emblems, and '30s luggage rack

basscaster

Hi all, Happy Thanksgiving in the USA.

I came across a bunch of NOS Chevy/GM parts, but trying to identify them before I buy. Among them:

-  NOS chevy trunk emblems, trying to determine what years and model.

-  Multiple NOS hubcap sets pictured.

-  Set of 195(?) Bel Air NOS hubcaps hanging on wall, mint condition.

-  A 1930s luggage rack for a Chevy, not sure what model (notice the original box behind it).

If anyone can help identify these, and also give me a ballpark idea on their value, it would be much appreciated. Again, all are new, in original packaging.

Thank you in advance!

00303_7dqWPeFRBAL_600x450.jpg

20171118_180708.jpg

20171118_181031.jpg

20171118_181136.jpg

Nice parts, hard to find that mint!!

The cap in front of quaker state cardbord box is 1956 Chev

1st hanging cap is 1953 Chev,  The 5 hanging with red center medallion are 1954 Chev.

The Chev hood emblem with clear plastic bowtie logo is 1953

The pair of chrome/painted logo are 1952.

The old trunk rack has what I think reads p/n 353735. I'll try to look it up.

Not sure of ballpark value but I'd say it's out of the park!

9 hours ago, basscaster said:

2nd pic is the side of a metal building where the hubcaps are hanging. Yes, hubcaps could be tough. Considering selling part of the lot, and keeping the other part.

I had a bunch of old hub caps and I ended up selling them as a lot because I would sell maybe one at a time for a couple of bucks at swap meets.  Some guy that deals in hub caps came by and was interested in a few of them so I made a smokin deal to get rid of them and not drag them around any more.

Best thing to do on hub caps IMO is to check ebay for what they are selling for and make a decision.

I actually gave a few of them to a friend of mine to use as target practice.  Then scrap them for the stainless steel.

11 hours ago, drwatson said:

Here are pics of 4 nice '54 Chev caps listed  "used with a few pings" on a  ebay sale: They sold for $300. 

The worth of the hubcaps basscaster is looking at have everything to do with what appears to be their seldom seen pristine condition.

54 chev1.jpg

Agree and age can help.

The problem with Chevrolet parts is that so many have been reproduced (and to a good quality) that they have driven down interest (and price) in the old originals. 

I once saw an old pitted 56 hood ornament at a swap meet. Looked original. Turned it over and it was a reproduction that had become old and worn. 

The reproduction parts are your competitors.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...