63-65 clock delete plate for sale

MaineDoc

I have the blank plate that works for 63-65 Riv's and some 63-64 big Buicks when the clock was not ordered. I plan to list it on Ebay soon but maybe somebody here needs one. Let me know if you are in need. I'm not trying to get rich so make an offer.

If you can read it, the paragraph at the bottom of the window sticker of my '63 says that among items that were options on other model Buicks, the clock was standard equipment on the Riviera.  The clock was an option on other models.  So what is referred to above as a "clock delete" is actually standard equipment on cars that are not equipped with the optional clock.

Ed

5a073d2db23c3_1963Windowsticker.JPG.627e4bdd1fb93067a21caf7475e33620.JPG

Here's a picture of the instrument panel in a 1964 Buick LeSabre which does not have a clock; which would have been an option for that model.

Image result for 1964 buick lesabre instrument panel

Now that you've read the description of the items that were standard equipment on a 1963 Riviera, does anyone have one of the license plate frames.  This frame came from the factory, probably in a package of some kind because there was no license plate attached.  It would also not have any dealership information on it.  I had one on my '63 until I got hit in the rear and the body shop didn't return the frame with the car.   

You can imagine it.  It would look like a small chrome plated tube that had a slit in it.  On one end the slit was opened so you could slide the plate in from the side.  It's not even as big as a door edge guard; it would fit around the edge of a license plate but not even cover up the bead that is rolled around the edge.  

I've been looking for one for 30+ years now with no luck.  The were either never used by the new owner or the dealership installed one of their own. 

• 2 months later...