Buck Hills Inn - PA

AC Fuhrman

Found this postcard - maybe we can get some CCCA stories on record about the wonderful times here in the good old days?

buck and car.jpg

There was annual grand Classic at Buck Hill falls every winter.  This was back before trailers.  So you would drive your prewar cars in the snow and cold.   There was a local guy that had a Packard touring car which he would drive down in.  My dad drove down in a Packard Darrin and Cord 812 different years.  One year JB Nethercutt showed up with a tractor trailer and that was the beginning of the end of the driving era.

• Like 1

I was a little kid - but I've heard stories of tire chains and all - I believe there are neat photos around somewhere.

Here are some pictures from The Annual Meeting January 14-17 1971.   They had 50 cars and 250 members show up.   The Cord is my mom and dad who took a first in the ACD division.  It is 25/30 degrees here in Mass today and I tried to talk my dad in to taking that car out for a ride and he balked.

BuckHillFalls1971-4.jpg

BuckHillFalls1971-3.jpg

BuckHillFalls1971-2.jpg

BuckHillFalls1971-1.jpg

• Like 2

I’ll take your dad and Mom for a spin when they come south after the holidays, as long as Big Al doesn’t complain I drive too fast. Ed

• Like 1

Great photos - thank you!

:)