6 Volt Booster Starter Necessary?

GrahamPaige29

58 minutes ago, JACK M said:

You probably already know this, but 15 or 20 seconds at a time, then let it cool all the way down.

You don't want it to get to warm with no cooling hooked up.

I would go for the cooling system before a muffler.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Hey jack.  I just had a new water cover plate welded up.  That will be my next priority.  To get the cooling system in. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Graham Man said:

Geoff,

Don't forget the water distribution plate...part number 67704

water plate.jpg

My version of that part was pretty much dead.  It had been welded and repaired so many times.  I used it as a pattern to have a new stainless sheet metal box made with the right proportions and a built in distribution plate.  It looks a bit more angular but it should work fine.

The water distribution plate is the big deal, the holes have to flow the same as the pump output.  I have drawn them up in CAD and have them laser cut out of stainless steel.  I have not done a six yet but need to do one for my engine.  Might have a spare cover after this weekend, going to pick up a parts car.

20 hours ago, Graham Man said:

The water distribution plate is the big deal, the holes have to flow the same as the pump output.  I have drawn them up in CAD and have them laser cut out of stainless steel.  I have not done a six yet but need to do one for my engine.  Might have a spare cover after this weekend, going to pick up a parts car.

I did get a water distribution plate from Bill Conley when I was up in Cobourg a couple of years ago at the meeting.  However, the cover on my car was so leaky, I made a new one from stainless.  On my design, the water distribution holes are still there but they are part of the whole unit.  I'll post some pics when I get it back from the welder.

• 3 weeks later...
On November 14, 2017 at 11:11 AM, GrahamPaige29 said:

Haha I'm still married.  That's a good thing.  You just have to take your wife to dinner once in a while so she knows you're still alive.

Now that your engine is running , hopefully the two of you will soon be able to go out together in the '29 ! GREAT family fun for yours and the  spectator families !    - Carl