cassette tape player

Booreatta

Well here we go, put a tape in the tape player and all it does is just clicks

then i took the tape out and it continued to click and it

did that for the next few min. has anyone seen this before and

what could be the place to start looking for a fix??? any help

would be appreciated. thanks mad.gif

This may be overkill, or more than you want to pay, but I have a stock '90 am/fm/cassette that's just been factory overhauled (all three functions) by Delco, with all new cassette parts. (They tell me those parts will soon be unavailable.) My total cost was $190, plus $10 shipping. If you really need one, I'll do a swap at no profit. Or I can point you to the distribution point here on the West Coast.

Jerry

The most common problem with these units is with the belt that drives them. Follow the "information overload" link that Robert (E.D.) provided to see how to replace one yourself. I have the exact same symptoms (yes, people look at me funny because I keep clicking....what I meant was MY REATTA has the exact same symptoms, not me!). I purchased the belt at a local electronics shop for about $4.00. I have not taken the opportunity to do the repair yet, but expect it to be uneventful. Good Luck!

There's generally more to it than the belt. The Delco people told me there are several plastic tabs in the cassette holder. They do the ejecting, and eventually break off. Thus the clicking when there are no tabs to grab and eject the tape. Delco says they'll be unavailable soon.

Jerry