1 minute ago, carmover said:

1938 GMC Cabover.

what does that look like ?

I would buy the 1939 ford but don't know if it would be heavy enough  to pull the 1925 Buick and stop fast enough for modern traffic Even after I make A aluminum trailer for it . 

• Like 1

I’m not into trucks but your problem seems to lead you to a modern frame with good brakes, engine etc but putting an older body for class.  Safely, strong enough to do the job you want.  A modern truck tranny would get you going, attached to a modern engine.  Brakes  would be my biggest issue.    I have a ‘38’ Buick and the first thing substancially done after seat belts was, to upgrade the front brakes from the smallest offered on the ‘Special’ (1.75” wide) to the Century (2.00”).  I drive in moderate to heavy traffic so I’m very cautious.  I’m looking to upgrade again to the 2.25” brakes from later models.   JMHO.   

• Like 2

A fifth wheel Trailer- air ride/drop custom made tig welded super light and strong to fit the 1925 Buick road master . Made to fit the 1939 Ford truck would look grate the new trailer could have a supper set of 4 disk brakes to stop the 1939 ford truck and the Buick/trailer at the same time on the new trailer axles . This is what I keep thinking about so now I will draw it up -- kyle

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 12:07 AM, carmover said:

1938 GMC Cabover.

looked for a wile but found only 3/4 ton 1950 trucks . just to new you could still smell that new car smell in the truck's at 1950 you know !!

PIC. 1 is the winner 1941 Chevy  took a couple days to find all the right stuff but it's their . 

PIC.8 every  time I found a new good part the price kep going up .still need a right fender . this pile of parts is going to work as a trade with my son for his 1927 Buick that is in my drive way . He bought half the cars and I been trying to buy them back . this 1941 cab will make a grate rock crawler ,4x4  and I can restore the 1927 back to stock. Well back to work vacation is over Fresno ca. is 92 deg. at home here it's 39 deg. In Montana -- kyle

20180424_120836[1].jpg

20180424_125840[1].jpg

20180424_130035[1].jpg

20180424_130503[1].jpg

20180424_124713[1].jpg

20180424_121502[1].jpg

20180424_120146[1].jpg

20180424_124220[1].jpg

• Like 1

WE had fun looking for old Buick parts . none to be found  me and Delmer my father in law .I asked at every junk yard we hit I bought 4 hub caps . I was hopping for a wind shield frame for 1925  master  or anything to work with .

THANK YOU  Delmer for driving me all week long !  

pic. this came in the machine shop to day I think it's off a air flow car ! broke in to 2 parts I weld them back together all the time this is # 3 for this customer .when I fix it I will put the pic. in   ''TEC  HOW TO '' --kyle  one inch at a time 

20180425_185651[1].jpg

20180425_185633[1].jpg

On 4/22/2018 at 2:19 AM, sligermachine said:

what does that look like ?

I would buy the 1939 ford but don't know if it would be heavy enough  to pull the 1925 Buick and stop fast enough for modern traffic Even after I make A aluminum trailer for it . 

Kyle, This is what I was talking about.

38 coe june2010.jpg

• Thanks 1

John Baker in the VMCCA owns a transmission shop in Monticello, KY.  He has a ~38 Dodge cabover that he placed on a modern wrecked Iszuzu cabover chassis and he uses it to haul his classics to meets and tours and for work too.  Wish I had a pic of it.  Best of both worlds.  Diesel, auto, cruise, A/C, hydraulics . . . looks great.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I told my son I was looking for a  ''GMC cab-over'' back in Montana yards he told me theirs one on are block we live on he seen it wile riding his dirt bike !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kyle, You can put that cab on a Dodge Ram Dually and it would make a nice Hauler.I have a friend close to where I live that put a 1939 Diamond T Cab on a wrecked Dodge Ram Chassis and bought a used Rollback bed and made a real nice truck.It has a Cummins Diesel,air, Power Steering, and an Engine Brake

Gas line installed polished and cleaned out . blasted the clamps and new paint .Will have to make the new rubber plugs for frame chafing  like the originals the old ones are crunchy like potato chips--rubber??  

20180428_192234.jpg

20180428_173923.jpg

20180428_171618.jpg

Kyle, 

Bob's sells the fuel line grommets, and the fuel line does go thru the hole you have pictured.  

Hugh

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, Hubert_25-25 said:

hole you have pictured.  

thanks Hugh. I'm getting close to being able to driving the frame to test the brakes and vacuum flue pump.  

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I found a grate looking  Buick  in my  town this week end  so cool .he is on this forum to. maybe next time I will be driving my Buick .As I am shaking his hand i'm trying to get him to come help me finish mine at home .--kyle

Edited by sligermachine
more good stuff (see edit history)

Here,s a windsceen on Ebay.  Looks like a Master, $350.   In Vintage Car and truck Parts,   Accessories

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Kyle, 

This is what the sun visor looks like.  I would think yours should be covered.  I do not have dimensions on the sheetmetal, but someone will.  I may need to get you some dimensions on the windsheild pivot parts.   Hugh

2128282852_sunvisorleif.jpg.9fcb66875c9e94c2f6eee0065a317aea.jpg

2016397323_sunvisorbubba1.jpg.ba3b305089f8ec7df8c8b2cacf0f1d87.jpg

IMG_1850.JPG.19f0a3d350aa10dbf064c4d80813c901.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, Hubert_25-25 said:

Bob's sells the fuel line grommets,

I made some today look just like original out of rubber I would put a picture up but  with the new 9.77 size I will have to reset my camera to use less space .I have a 1925  1924 1926-  windshield manual  from the Buick factory I would like to put up to . Any one know how to make a camera to use less space ?? 

20180505_200958[1].jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sligermachine said:

Any one know how to make a camera to use less space ?? 

Is there a Menu? Within that somewhere there will be a resolution setting, or maybe called fineness or something similar. It may even be labelled something to do with file size. Mine is L      for highest resolution (largest file).

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, Hubert_25-25 said:

This is what the sun visor looks like.

my car is going to  be so fast . I might need to use this as a "spoiler" instead of a sun viser. 

the grommets on the right are made of a soft plastic / My favorite  kind to use super glue works good with it machines well and paint stays on it .I buy it in 3`` thick sheets Nylon .

On 5/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, ROD W said:

Here,s a windsceen on Ebay.  Looks like a Master, $350.   In Vintage Car and truck Parts,   Accessories

thank you so much for seeing that . I have it now looks like it will fit good .luckily IN my parts boxes a new set of window rubber and seal set was with the car also.

the date on the tag in the box 1981 when the last owner bought the set of rubber for the wind shield --kyle

20180515_234027[1].jpg

• Like 3

Kyle, 

Thanks for including this picture.  Steele rubber parts is still in business, and they have 5 pages of rubber parts for my Buick.  I did not realize that someone had molds for all these parts.  This is a link to their website.  Usually the website pick lists for parts stop before the mid 20's, but this one goes to the teens.   Hugh

https://www.steelerubber.com/restoration-parts