Vintage Bumper For Ford? GM? Other?

Ted L.

Well I am a older man who has loved cars and trucks all my life. I just knew it looked like the mid twenties and googled cars from that era and found it.  Age does have some advantages sometimes. The car was about 20 years old when I was born so a few were still around when I was growing up.

• Like 1

Keep searching in the 1920s. It may be hard to pin down the exact make but you have a time period to start. I knew the Chrysler was not an exact match and the Durant seems to have  ^  shaped marks cast into them that are not seen in your item. The search is half the fun!

2 hours ago, Fleek said:

Keep searching in the 1920s. It may be hard to pin down the exact make but you have a time period to start. I knew the Chrysler was not an exact match and the Durant seems to have  ^  shaped marks cast into them that are not seen in your item. The search is half the fun!

I think those marks are reflections.

19 minutes ago, Ted L. said:

Thanks guys, I'll keep up the search and let you know what I find  (I'm thinking the marks are reflections too)

Same car....no ^^. You can see the upturned bracket  bolts at the frame.

Durant sedan.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, studeboy said:

it looks very similar to the rear bumper on my 1928 Studebaker. I will have to check attachment to frame.

Looks like the 1928 Studebaker has "open ended" bars and not bolted on both ends.

1928 Studebaker Dictator.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)