'27 Chrysler I50 adding fuel pump

Existing vacuum assisted fuel cylinder is not providing enough gas to keep engine running.  I would like to add an electric fuel pump to provide adequate gas source to Model A carburetor on my engine. Is there something I should check to make existing fuel cylinder work?  Want to fix if possible before installing fuel pump. 

Any suggestions on the best method to install electric fuel pump and model to purchase? 

Thanks

Hi again,

If your vacuum tank is working properly you should not need to fit an electric pump.

I can't see from your previous post pictures, where you're  vacuum tank is getting suction from, but years ago I was advised not to take the suction from the oil pump.

I connected the vacuum tank suction line to the intake manifold, but make sure you have a loop in this suction pipe or it will break from vibration.

Other things to check, make sure the gas tank has a vented gas cap and that the vent on the autovac is clear.

There is plenty of  information on the net on autovacs and how they work,  they are simple to repair, but must have good sealing gaskets on the top, any lack of suction and your car will not get enough gas.

Viv.

Ps , sorry had no time, will try to dig out my pictures and pm you over the weekend.