Morten's 1940 Sport Coupe 56s

-morten-

Hello Morten,

Very pretty car, but I am prejudiced as I have the same model. The name plate states that the trim (interior) is 810 which is a Tan Bedford Cord and the paint 552 would have been two tone with the upper body Luddington Green and lower body English Green.  This very well is a repaint to an original color scheme of Silver French Gray (upper) and Monterey Blue (lower). Car looks great in any case. I am in the process of restoring mine and it was Aztec Brown (ugly from day one) it is now Royal Maroon. I am in the process of detailing the engine compartment. Could you post some pictures of the firewall? The hood pulls are difficult to find if that bothers you Doug Seybold can probably help you out.  Thanks, Mike

At home with the in the background.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your pictures and work on the car.   Looks really good and I like the color combination.  

Everytime you post, you are drinking beer.....stop drinking so much and you will get more done.

Last week Santa was trying to steal my '39

santa2017.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Thanks for sharing your pictures and work on the car.   Looks really good and I like the color combination.  

Everytime you post, you are drinking beer.....stop drinking so much and you will get more done.

Last week Santa was trying to steal my '39

nice that you like my updates. its not the correct color for this car, and the gray is a little bit darker even so.

car was a runner when i bought it this autumn, just needs a little bit of tlc. the winter lasts until late april, so no rush in working on the car. and as long i am drinking i am not driving, and can work in the garage :-)

not so worried about the missis as of the car? :-) nice car thow.

17 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Everytime you post, you are drinking beer

there is actually a little strange story around this picture, i have no idea where it came from! yes, it is a picture of me, but i did not put it there, it came up automatic when i sign up here. the pic is around 10 years old, and is not currently in use no other place on the internett (or so i thought). problably something to do with G. Orwell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just installed an electric radiator fan. I think i was verry lucky with size and shape of brackets, but i could just slide the fan between radiator and sheetmetal under the front of car. did not have to remove a thing. I could press the fan between the three steel bars in front of radiator, and fitted like a glove, it sits nicely jammed between the bars 10mm in front of radiator cores, not moving at all. Used four plastic strips in mounting hole of fan to keep it from moving just in case.

20180421_102841.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, -morten- said:

For now, just a flipp of the switch, but will put in a thermostat shortly.

If you don't mind me chiming in I would (if you haven't already done so) is tie in a relay put a 20 to 30 amp fuse in the hot wire and wire it to the ign. switch so the fan comes on with the key. Much more reliable then a thermostat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, retiredmechanic74 said:

If you don't mind me chiming in

Since i am not a master of all trades, i relay on people chiming in :-)

I normally put a thermostat in, and an override switch if thermostat fxxh"s up. Since the buick is 6v i would problably wire it threw the ignition. And a relay. But do not always use a fuse even thow it is always a good idea?

Edited by -morten- (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Is the cooling system not up to the job now? It was when it was new and didn't need an extra fan?

waterpump needs to be replaced, but electric fan is a good ad-on i think, more queues to day than back in the das. and they did use cotton bags with water in front of radiator to keep cool.